Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Queenstown, New Zealand
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Office Manager
Ensure the smooth operation of Front Office, Telephones, Portering and Night Audit functions on a daily basis. Monitor and maintain service standards in these areas, ensuring that profitability is maximised and customer's needs met. Manage effective communication between Front Office and other departments.
- Manage the hotel Front Office operation to achieve a reputation as a market leader in individualised customer focused service in the hotel locality.
- Conduct and actively participate in weekly Front Office meetings respecting the confidentiality of issues which may be discussed formally or informally.
- Effective supervision of all guest arrivals and departures ensuring that room allocations and check in/check out processes follow set procedures and Hotel standards and are customer focused.
- Full utilisation of the Front Office system ensuring accuracy in use and a range of accurate reports to meet operational needs are produced.
- Supervise the lobby services including carparking and portering, ensuring guest arrivals and departures are as efficient as possible.
- Regular liaison with Maintenance ensuring maintenance requests are completed quickly focusing on guest needs as a priority.
- Actively manage the operation of an effective night audit function. Accuracy of this daily function being paramount while maintaining customer focus.
- Prepare Front Office monthly reports, commenting on key performance indicators.
- Ensure public areas are clean and well presented with regular monitoring.
- Effective liaison with the Reservations office to ensure accuracy in room allocation and maximising of yield.
- Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures
- Strive to implement the Accor Vision and demonstrate active use of Accor Values.
- Be the Accor Live Limitless champion - train and promote Accor Live Limitless programme, from recruitment, to recognition, to rewards and recognition, accuracy. points accuracy and assist Executive tema to keep it activated and leverage relationship with the elite in house guests.
- Lead the training and usage of ACDC
- Carry out the people processes for the Front Office, including recruitment, onboarding, training & development, and performance management
Your skills & experience:
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role, preferably in five star property
- Strong communication skills, with effective numeracy, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to organise time and work efficiently
- LCQ and Managers Certificate, First Aid certificate desirable