We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Rach Gia/Vietnam
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Assistant Front Office Manager
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ35368
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-03-07
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
PREMIER VILLAGE PHU QUOC RESORT
Job Summary - (Role Summary)
Manage the daily operations of the Front Office Department including reception, guest relation, operator, concierge, drivers, business center and health club by ensuring product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to all hotel guests according to the hotel's and Accor Hotels business objectives. To perform the human resource function in ensuring staff selection, training, counseling and recognition programs are adhered to in order to maximize performance standards and to adhere to guest service standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities of the role)
- Monitors front office personnel to ensure guests receiving prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
- Supervises the Front Office team to ensure optimum occupancy and average room rate for the purpose of maximizing revenue
- Supervises the Health club team to ensure optimum membership levels are achieved and database and records kept accurately
- Monitors Front Office, and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure A/Club members and known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
- Promotes Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities and monitors Front Office Marketing techniques in line with FIT marketing program
- Maintains inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
- Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure furnishings facilities and equipment are clean, in good repair and well maintained
- Liaise closely with Executive Housekeeper to ensure special guest needs, amenities and other room related requests are met
- Inspects frequently for cleanliness and orderliness, the lobby, reception and cashier's desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control
- Maintains knowledge of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
- Knows system recovery procedures and trains the team in these procedures
- Interprets computer reports
- Compiles statistics for front office and provide reports relating to that area
- Continually checks the accuracy of room count
- Approves upgrades and special amenities
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees
- Conducts comprehensive monthly departmental meetings to include a review of procedures and events which warrants special handling and detailed information
- Communicates to the EAM or his delegate all information likely to be of interest to them such as the expected arrival and departure of VIPs and all other pertinent information
- Maintains all procedures and adheres to them within the guidelines; in particular with emphasis on hotel credit policy.
- Prepares efficient work schedule for all related departments, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures
- In conjunction with other departments to prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc
- Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures
- Be prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats
- Ensures departmental Risk Management Calendar actions are up to date as per monthly calendar schedule.
- Works with Human Resources Manager on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Financial Controller in the preparation and management of the Department's budget.
- Performs any other task assigned based on needs or requirements.
Required Skills -
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Good writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and OPERA
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Strong Leadership skills in managing teams
- Ability to manage complex relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
- 3 years of guest service / hotel experience with one year in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation