Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Office Manager ( Saudi National Only)
Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in all front office activities to maximize revenue from room sales, minimize expenses and ensure guest satisfaction with accommodations and service.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Directs, controls and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in such activities as :
- Receiving, processing and confirming room reservations.
- Selling, registering and assigning rooms to incoming guests;
- Giving general information and aid and handling out keys to guests;
- Carrying baggage of and escorting guests to their rooms;
- Meeting and sending off and soliciting business at the airport and other arrival/departure ports;
- Sees to it that these activities are properly carried out to ensure guest satisfaction with accommodations and service.
- Coordinates with housekeeping, accounting, F&B, security and other departments concerned in handling guest's requests, inquiries and complaints regarding accommodations, service, security matter and billing.
- Prepares annual front office goals; monthly forecast of occupancy, develops working plans to carry goals and forecasts, compares actual achievements against goals periodically, takes necessary corrective actions.
- Participate in the yearly front office budget based on statistics of previous years, industry and economic trends, estimates of operating expenses and other pertinent data; with sales manager and others.
- Sees to preparation of and finalizes all front office reports, schedules, requisitions etc.
- Trains personnel according to established procedures; conducts training meetings to discuss problems, give instructions and assignments, etc.
- Develops and implements procedures to govern front office activities; sees to it that personnel understand and adhere to approved standard policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Authorizes the acceptance of, cash advances, rebates, refunds of deposits, paid-outs, rate/room changes, release of airline crew allowances, etc on the basis of established procedures, amount, identity of guests or persons involved and availability of higher supervision.
- Inspects predetermined number of guest rooms daily to determine whether these are properly maintained.
- Implements hotel discount policies, recommends approval of credit accommodations and decides whether to upgrade guests' accommodations to promote and maintain good public relations.
- Sees to the enforcement of all house policies, rules and regulations pertaining to Front Office activities.
- Attends to reservations and registration of very special SIPs personally.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates the activities of telephone exchange personnel and ensures the proper maintenance, repair and use of all telephone exchange equipment and facilities.
- Ensures that the investigation of irregularities and undesirable guests and the checking of room occupancy discrepancies are properly conducted.
- Spot checks employee's performance regularly; corrects mistakes and inadequacies.
- Receives and greets SIP's and escorts them to their room; attends to their inquiries, requests and needs.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- This vacancy is for Saudi National Only
- Previous expreience in the same role
- Excellent communication skills in both Arabic & English languages