Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Office Shiftleader
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam
PLEASE APPLY VIA:
Are you a person who can motivate a team with your positive attitude? Do you always have the perfect solutions for every challenge? Do you make sure that both our guests and Front Office employees feel safe and comfortable in the hotel? Then this is the perfect job for you!
The main responsibilities include:
- Undertake and oversee check-ins, check-outs, and other guest related services.
- Proper processing and controlling of payments.
- Preparation of various projects, such as internal training, coaching, etc.
- Successfully handle complaints and concerns of guests
- Participate and motivate the team to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Run the night audit independently. (Together with a receptionist)
- Actively share ideas for improving the efficiency and procedures of the department
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of services and facilities of the hotel
- Arrange special services requested by the guest
- Offer professional, attentive and friendly service to our guests and colleagues alike
- Anticipate our guests' needs and to take action to enhance guest satisfaction
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of our security and health & safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and tidy lobby and workspace.
- Prepare and conduct bi-yearly evaluations with assigned staff in cooperation with the Front Office Manager
- Act as a mentor and coach to assigned interns.
- Adequate educational background, preferably at a hotel school
- Work experience in the industry as a Receptionist for a minimum of 3 years, experience as Shift Leader is an advantage
- Hospitable, punctual, enthusiastic, flexible, stress resistant and representative
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach a team
- Strong communication skills
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and English language is mandatory, a third language is a preference
- Possess leadership skills and stress resistance
- Proactive attitude with sense of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel, knowledge of PMS system Opera is an advantage
- Full-time contract of 38 hours per week
- This position is classified in scale 6 with a salary between the €2.169 - €2.625 gross per month according to the Horeca CAO.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Travel allowance up to €150,- per month, based on the amount of km.
- Night allowance of 20% and Sunday allowance of 5%
- Pension fund
- Staff uniform and laundry service
- Staff meals in our canteen
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor hotels
- Various staff events
- Excellent international career development and training possibilities