We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Edinburgh/United Kingdom
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 30 Nov 2021
Job Role : Assistant Front Office Manager
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ20336
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 28 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly): USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge - Royal Mile
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge is looking for a Front Office Supervisor to join the team.
The reception Supervisor welcomes the guests and provides support and leadership to all Reception Team Members.
They contribute to guest's satisfaction by providing high quality services with a warm and friendly approach.
Apply thorough working knowledge of the front office operations to include the front desk, porters desk, reception/cashiering procedures, PABX functions and reservations.
-Develop a strong understanding of the functions of each department of the hotel, physical layouts of the hotel facilities, the key personnel and their roles, daily functions and special events, and conventions and groups currently in the house and due to arrive.
-Assist in conducting training for all Front Office employees.
-Direct daily front office operations.
-Greet and escort Very Important Guests (VIP's) and attend to their special needs as appropriate.
-Attend to credit problems.
-Ensure efficient and courteous porter service.
-Supervise front cashiers and help out with accounting problems.
-Patrol and inspect public areas during evenings to make sure everything is in order.
-Control hotel duty keys and floats whilst on duty.
-Supervise and support of the Front Office team.
-Ensure department policies and procedures are understood by all employees and observed in tasks performed.
-Ensure effective communication of new and updated information regarding policies, rates and general hotel information.
-Ensure strict procedures are followed for all cash/credit, cheque transactions, accounting and banking procedures, issue of keys and guest confidentiality.
-Implement training programs for all employees, conduct induction and skills training.
-Perform any other duties as directed by the Front Office Management.
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
- Flexibility to work weekend and night shifts if it required
- Previous experience in cash handling
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- A Discount Card to be used in Accor Hotels World Wide
- Complimentary stays in UK hotel (Bonus Breaks Vouchers - subject to availability and T&C)
- Training & Development
- Additional holidays with service
- International Development Opportunities
- And more: recommend a friend scheme; Employee Advisory Service ;Meals on duty; Uniforms and dry cleaning; Eye care vouchers; Cycle to work Scheme and the list goes on...