Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Office Team Member
Novotel Manchester Centre
As the first and last point of contact with guests arriving and departing the hotel, your mission is to ensure that guests keep good memories of their stay in our hotel.
- Provide efficient service for guest registration and departure; maintain accurate guest accounts and provide accurate, helpful information.
- Attend to all incoming calls via the switchboard in a professional and polite manner, constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Maintain strict security procedures to ensure guest confidentiality and safety
- Provide efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests.
- Lead by example when attending to guest requests. Show efficiency in constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Take initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers (internal or external) are positive and productive, call the Manager on Duty if difficulties arise.
- Provide quality service to the customer by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout their stay.
- Maintain control of guest and hotel accounts ensuring that all charges are accurate and posted on a timely basis.
- Maintain strict security procedures with credit and cash transactions, accounting procedures, issue of room keys and guest confidentiality/privacy
- Maintain communication channels between Hotel guests and all Hotel departments both verbally and in writing as required.
- Operate switchboard effectively, handling all calls promptly and professionally, greeting all callers according to Accor policy and transfer all calls to relevant departments responding to requests quickly and efficiently.
- Document accurately all internal and guest messages. Distribute according to specified Hotel procedure.
- Maintain an accurate internal phone list for accurate transfer of calls. Connect International and Operator Assisted calls for guests, record accurate charges.
- Assist, as required to screen calls for reservations. Ensure accurate, up to date information is given.
- Use every opportunity to promote hotel facilities and maximise sales through sound product knowledge and selling skills.
- Attend to other duties as requested by Management and Supervisors
- Previous customer facing experience is an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Ability to work well as a team
- Computer literate and ability to learn new software
- Attractive Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- A Discount Card to be used in Accor Hotels Worldwide
- Complimentary stays in UK hotel (Bonus Breaks Vouchers - subject to availability and T&C)
- Training & Development
- Additional holidays with service
- International Development Opportunities