Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Kohala Coast, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Fulltime - Concierge
Fairmont Orchid - Hawaii
First impressions are everything! A concierge showcases passion for superior guest service, attention to detail, personal care & attention to all guests as well as providing cutting edge learning experiences, driving the definition of luxury hospitality
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Experience the beauty, culture and adventures that await oh Hawai'i Island
- Competitive extended benefits package including, medical, vision and dental for full-time permanent status
- 401(k)/retirement savings plan and matching program
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to grow from obtaining professional development through Accor's exclusive online learning platform
- Duty meal in our staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Discounts on food & beverage and spa services
Your experience and skills include:
- Ensure all Standard Operating Policies & Procedures are adhered
- Ensure guest requests are handled in a timely manner
- Be fully knowledgeable of hotel facilities and ensure to keep informed all changes and additions
- Be familiar with all daily events and functions within the hotel and to maintain the appropriate desk folder. Share the information with all Concierge staff of such events
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Respond to Guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner.
- Able to multi-task and work in a high traffic area
- Maintains current information on entertainment, transportation, restaurants, attractions etc. and ensure that information is provided and readily available to guests.
- Ensures and maintains proper updates during holidays and peak travel periods.
- Be able to provide accurate direction to the hotel and be familiar with the surrounding areas of the hotel.
- Daily tasks assigned on a checklist not excluding additional tasks determined by management.
- Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in the hotel.
- Promotes hotels services and amenities and maintains the utmost level of phone etiquette while dealing with guest and internal customers.
- Provide exceptional Concierge information to our guests about Big Island local and area. Attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events, tickets, confirmations and other available services.
- Ensure that Fairmont Service Standards are adhered to in an effort to consistently offer the best service possible.
- Ensures the guest service log is organized and completed.
- Energize the Accor brand by promoting our Guest loyalty program.
- Proficient in the English; bilingual is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the Big Island area.
- Previous customer related experience required.
- Must possess a professional presentation.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Window applications.
- Knowledge of Opera systems, Word, Excel an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Adhere to Fairmont Orchid Grooming Guidelines.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining U.S. work authorization. Your team & working environment
As a concierge you will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team ensuring quality, efficiency, and superior luxury service. You will play a key role in driving customer engagement, while helping to grow brand awareness. The candidate is a leader who enjoys a challenge balancing all stakeholders' expectations by driving engaged and dynamic customer interactions. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS #LI-KK2