Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For General Manager - Hotel
Novotel Gent Centrum
Our Accor portfolio spans 110 countries with more than 5,300 hotels. With over 230,000 experts committed to rejuvenating the hospitality experience, we challenge ourselves to reinvent, innovate and create the hospitality trends of tomorrow.
We pride ourselves on being the employer of choice, be ALL you are, grow with us, work with purpose and explore the limitless opportunities that lie ahead!
Still interested? Here's what you'll do:
The 117-room hotel with restaurant, bar and 7 seminar rooms is located in the historical centre of Ghent next to the city hall.
You will establish the hotel in the Ghent market and implement strategies to differentiate it from the competition. You will ensure that the financial and quality targets are met.
The cohesion and coordination of the hotel team will be one of your priorities. You are an ambassador of the service culture, putting guests at the heart of the business, ensuring a unique and unforgettable experience. You will be responsible for innovation and renewal of service offerings in the hotel.
- To ensure the highest levels of service quality, making it a real and visible differentiator in the market.
- Build strong relationships in the local market, acting as an ambassador for the hotel in the community.
- Bring the HEARTIST spirit to life by connecting guests and team.
- Maximise the bottom line across all departments by driving sales and rigorously applying cost management.
- Build annual business plans and regularly review performance against commitments, taking appropriate action.
- Assist in the optimisation of RevPAR by liaising with the Hosting Director, Revenue Manager, Sales and respective experts.
What do we offer you?
- Support and encourage the professional development of the entire team through training and interviews.
- Coordinate and assist in the recruitment and integration of new team members.
- Promote Accor values and keep HEARTIST alive in the hotel.
- Knowing the social legislation and how to work with the social partners.
- Establish a relationship of trust with the teams by exercising close management.
Who are we looking for?
- Being part of a dynamic group constantly reinventing itself
- Joining a close-knit team who is passionate about what they do
- Great development and learning opportunities on the job and through our Academy
- Opportunity to learn from colleagues in other Accor hotels
- Extra benefits include interesting bonus scheme, group and hospitality insurance, car, meal vouchers...
Still interested and you would like to apply?
- An experienced and dynamic manager
- A vision to drive performance through initiative and decision making
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with a proactive approach
- Proven experience in the Ghent hotel industry, midscale
- Commercial and negotiation skills
- Languages required: NL, EN, FR
Don't wait to apply directly via our Accor Careers website.