Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
London, United Kingdom
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Group & Events Sales Executive , The Savoy
"Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told"
Job Title: Group & Events Sales Executive
Department: Sales & Marketing
Inspired and Supported by: Senior Group & Events Sales Manager
Salary: £32,000 + Bonus
Your purpose will be: Identify and qualify optimal leads, deliver business opportunities that align with the hotel's financial goals, maximize revenues and create customer loyalists. Ability to show confidence with the sales process, a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed guest expectations.
You will be accountable for:
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Supporting Group & Event Sales Manager and Group & Event Sales Senior Manager.
- Involvement with all aspects of reactive event sales, identifying and qualifying business.
- Displaying a hands-on approach with a proactive approach to new business & client entertainment.
- Account management of specific accounts & sectors.
What you will need to do in this role? Essential:
- Grow both new and existing local corporate accounts.
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about the area.
- Use your flair and individuality to drive sales and create connections with the local neighbourhood.
- Play a leading role in embedding a culture of sales across the hotel.
- Meet your sales targets while driving standards and productivity.
- Ensure all KPIs are exceeded on a daily and monthly basis.
- Represent the hotel at networking events.
- Maximise lead generation (new and existing business) across all channels in the region.
- Proactively seek out new business, raising the profile of the hotel both locally and regionally.
- Strong negotiation skills and be able to pro-actively sell.
- Level: Junior with a minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent English, written and spoken - and an enjoyment and aptitude for writing.
- Proactive approach to work, your duties and learning.
- A self-motivated person who is passionate about succeeding in Hospitality sales.
- An innovative approach and proactive/reactive sales mentality.
- Great inter personal skills, positive can do attitude and warm personality.
- A people person able to approach, to sourcing new business, and developing existing client base.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with great attention to detail.
- High level of I.T skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- You have had experience in hotel PMS systems.
- The ability to prioritise and be flexible.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work well under time pressure.
- An understanding of luxury brands and the hospitality industry.
- You will also ideally already have some experience in a similar Sales role, ideally gained within hospitality or a comparable industry such as Travel, Leisure or Luxury Retail.
- Competency in second European language (such as French, Spanish or Italian) would be of benefit given diversity of geographical client mix.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi-skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues. What's in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family - our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people