Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Queenstown, New Zealand
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Groups, Events & Reservations Co-ordinator
Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa
$20.00 - $29.99
Provide quality and professional support through co-ordination and management of the day to day Conference, Incentive & Event activity. Be responsible for Groups and Events inhouse - incorporating quoting, site inspections, contracting, block management, invoicing and operational coordination.
Provide professional reservations service for maximising room and rate yield at the hotel, and ensuring a timely response to all reservations enquiries.
Groups & Events Duties
- Be the point of contact for all MICE enquiries, supporting in completing hotel proposals in line with Sofitel guidelines relating to pricing, presentation and timeframe.
- Be the hotel's point of contact for all MICE Sales related queries and ensure all rates, literature, information, availability and rate requests, are acted upon within the Sofitel specified guidelines.
- Hold responsibility for aspects of the contracting of MICE bookings and managing operational aspects of the booking once confirmed, including and not limited to: input of Group block in hotel Reservations system, updating of rooming list and room allocation including VIP's and related amenities; invoicing & billing to ensure accurate and correct monies are collected, issuing of banquet event orders, liaising with internal teams on all aspects of the booking pre arrival; meet & greet with client, being present at key periods during the event; post-event follow up and driving loyalty via repeat business.
- Co-ordinate aspects of non-residential conference & events, i.e. group breakfast in Left Bank Bistro, day meeting from local businesses in conference areas.
- Ensure effective follow up and conversion of MICE proposals to meet hotel's budgeted revenue goals with focus on upselling.
- Maintain MICE database of key contacts & clients.
- Effective follow up and update MICE enquiry tracker, creating sense of urgency to maximize conversion rate.
- Support in local relationship-building in view of MICE business.
- Be curious about the industry and share market intelligence.
- Support the hosting of hotel Show Arounds for current and prospective clients.
- Be fully aware/conversant of all facilities and services of Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa covering aspects of accommodation, food & beverage, conference and SoSpa.
- Achieve the required guest & client satisfaction levels.
- Assist in collection of data for monthly Sales and Marketing activity report.
- Process and input group, FIT and corporate reservations following Sofitel reservations policy.
- Checking hotel availability and making reservations ensuring all reservations are accurately actioned within the same working day.
- Approach each booking proactively to maximise on opportunities, asking the right questions at point of initial contact and communicating accordingly all requests and information.
- Allocate rooms at time of booking when applicable.
- Identify any VIP's accordingly and work in conjunction with Front Office department.
- Contact guests to confirm, amend or cancel reservations.
- Responding to client requests, processing payments and issuing receipts and confirmation of bookings.
- Grow relationships with industry, operators and business partners to drive loyalty.
- Provide statistical information as and when required in conjunction with Revenue Manager.
- Answer all calls promptly, within 3 rings using specified greeting for hotel, in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Assist in the preparation and checking of the rate manual.
- Check and update, as necessary, rates in the computer system.
- Adhere to rates published in the Rate Manual or rate advertisements.
- Maintain a positive selling approach to maximise yield in both occupancy and rates.
- Check no shows from previous day and give details to Assistant Manager/Accounts Receivable for processing and follow up.
- Follow Resavision guidelines and maintain high scoring in Resavision assessments - monitor, follow up and improve on any substandard scoring.
- Ensure completion of daily duties, eg. correspondence, filing, reports, etc.
- Previous Reservations/Groups and Events co-ordination experience.
- Knowledge of Opera or other booking system.
- Organises time and work efficiently.
- Effective numeracy, verbal and written communication skills.
- Has flexibility to meet hotel rostering needs with weekend and public holiday work.
- Projects professional image at all times through personal presentation / interpersonal skills.
- Benefits including free daily staff meals, dry-cleaned uniform and laundry allowance;
- Free ski hire;
- Your Accor card entitling you to discounted Hotel stays, food and beverage rates and Spa treatments;
- Opportunity to earn $600 through our referral scheme;
- Fun & supportive international team environment;
- Ongoing reward and recognition incentives and awards, further development and worldwide career progression within Accor.