Hotels & Resorts
Abu Dhabi/United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Handyman
Novotel Abu Dhabi Gate
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Novotel ibis Abu Dhabi Gate family.
What you will be doing:
Your experience and skills include:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Respond to maintenance requests as advised by the department and close out all finished assignments
- Maintain and repair all Public Areas in accordance with the PPM procedures and standard guidelines
- All fixtures and fittings are to be maintained functional in all Public Areas
- Ensure good "work hygiene" to protect guest areas from damage
- Greet guests during your presence in the property and maintain appropriate grooming
- Familiarize with the design and the layout of all guest areas
- Follow the shift duties as per department duty roster and must be flexible with scheduling
- Applies mastery of skills and serves as a resource to others in the resolution of problems relates with Guest Rooms
- Understand and practice hotel emergency fire procedures
- Report any unusual finding or safety hazards immediately to the Assistant Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering
- Perform duties outside the scope of the position in case of emergency, when called upon.
- Be on call after normal operating hours and coordinate with technicians after hours if necessary.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What is in it for you:
- With minimum 2 years experience in similar role in a 4-5 star hotel
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Should be able to communicate well in English
- Ability to mentor and develop teams
- Diploma / Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical
Your team and working environment:
- Hotel ID benefit card offering discounted rates for selected amusement parks in majority parts of UAE for you and your family/friendsHotel ID benefit card offering discounted rates for selected amusement parks in majority parts of UAE for you and your family/friends
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
Why work for Accor?
- Team with a culture diversity is highly appreciated & focusing on collaboration and cooperation
- Being a Heartist, people are at the heart of everything we do. Our main vision is to provide utmost service to our guests & create an amazing & everlasting memories with one another.
- Dynamic working environment with a strong brand that unites tradition, culture, innovation and performance
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.