Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Head Chef
Mr Good Guy - Opening October 2022
We are seeking a Head Chef to join our opening team. Help us celebrate the notion of Asian street food with a modern, urban twist as we launch Mr Good Guy into Devonport!
Located in the Novotel Devonport, Mr Good Guy takes you deep into the night markets of Asia, allowing our guests to experience the hawker food found in the backstreets and laneways of South-East Asia in the heart of Devonport. We pride ourselves on our fun, contemporary and authentic menu that showcases local produce and international favourites.
What you will be doing:
What we are looking for:
- Manage, inspire, and lead a large diverse team to create an outstanding dining experience for our guests delivering consistent, high quality food and exceptional dining experience
- Have a genuine passion for what you do, keeping up to date with new food trends, resulting in innovative menu development.
- Oversee all aspects relating to the management of the kitchen operations; including the food safety plans, WHS, HACCP, financial forecasting, rostering, stock taking, quality control, menu planning and development of programs to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Be a calming influence in the midst of a high pressured, fast paced environment, with the ability to sustain and drive positive team morale creating a culture that people want to be part of.
- Identify and deliver on growth opportunities.
- Foster positive relationships with other key managers, department heads and suppliers to meet business needs.
- Be a progressive, creative professional who remains pragmatic and focused in an ever changing and challenging environment.
- Have a flexible approach to adapting to guest requests.
- Service multiple outlets and different types of service from a la carte restaurant, conference & events, bar and in-room dining.
- Enjoy coaching and developing your team to succeed professionally via regular 1:1 meeting, personal development plans, appraisals, training and reward and recognition programs.
- Be flexible and rotate to work across breakfast, lunch, dinner and conferencing to ensure service standards expected are being achieved.
In return we will offer you...
- An experienced Head Chef, preferably with knowledge in Asian cuisine
- Creativity for menu development and up-to-date knowledge of current food trends
- Natural leadership skills with demonstrated results in developing and motivating teams, your lead by example approach will be infectious
- Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude
- Motivation, energy and drive
- A passion to learn and grow within the business
- A competitive salary
- A fun and supportive environment which encourages and rewards your creativity
- Team member benefits with global discounts on accommodation and more
- The opportunity to grow and progress your career with Australia's largest hospitality employer - Accor
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.