Hotels & Resorts
Animation and Recreation
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Head Therapist - Raffles Doha
FAIRMONT FAIRMONT HOTEL & RESIDENCES DOHA
Scope and Objectives
The Head Therapist is responsible for leadership of therapist team. This includes but is not limited to the training, hiring and coaching of the team to ensure the best experience. The service quality and guest experience, as well as team motivation, is a key component of everyday operations.
Education and Experience
- Recognised certifications in massage or aesthetics training - CIBTEC or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a therapy role and a minimum, or 2 years' in supervisory capacity overseeing a team of therapists.
- Previous experience in 5-star hotel or day spa is recommended.
Administrative and Financial Responsibilities
- Adhere to the Spa Policy & Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Act as an Ambassador of the spa at the hotel representing the brand values for colleagues establishing relationships with internal and external stakeholders representing the values of the brand and Accor.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Manage the operations and efficiency of the spa facilities.
- Effective colleague communication and welfare for new and existing staff as well as other departments at the property.
- Able to train and perform all treatments offered on the spa treatment menu, while ensuring the guest /member's comfort at all times. These are to be performed in a safe, professional and hygienic manner.
- Support strategic initiatives for spa and wellness, by helping in planning, implementation and execution of all actions for the department.
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of the job.
- Ensure all employees report for appointments on time and share guest feedback after completing services.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the hotel team.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the spa's operations and able to assist when needed to support operations.
- Supervise all aspects of the therapists' welfare.
- Maintain current professional licenses
- Establish and maintain inventory and stocking of all treatment materials and products and their accurate records as required by the hotel.
- Provide monthly payroll reports while controlling all expenses supporting a competitive therapist's utilisation.
Guest Quality and Operational Excellence
- Generate and review daily / monthly facility and productivity reports including monitoring schedules.
- Provide Spa Director / Manager with the appropriate monthly consumption of products and new order requisitions.
- Monitor all expenses related to treatments and guest experience that are relative.
- Teach the therapists how to upgrade treatments to increase average guest checks.
- Establish therapists retail targets based on monthly budget and work with spa director to implement strategies to support this.
- Support the Spa Director in the creation and implementation of promotional calendar for treatment and retail sales
Talent and Culture / Team Communications
- Recognise arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in both the spa and hotel.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times and conduct quality checks in all FOH and HOH areas.
- Always maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanour with guests / members.
- Responsible for driving the guest experience and communication amongst the colleagues orchestrating a smooth guest sequence delivery.
- Ensure guest / member preferences and special requests are accommodated to the best of the property's abilities.
- Provide tools for the team to best manage the day to day operations resulting in excellent and anticipated guest service.
- Evaluate guest and team feedback to ensure the spa is receiving positive ratings from guest satisfaction surveys.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency.
Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Conduct regular spa therapist's communication meetings along with daily briefings.
- Ensure all team members maintains a positive relationship internally and with external departments in the hotel.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, and training of all therapy team members.
- Assure the team members comply with the standards stated in the employee handbook.
- Train therapists on all treatment protocols and organise regular training schedules which includes bringing in key product partners to train ensuring outstanding guest service.
- Understand and adhere to the Accor Code of Ethics book.
- Ensure that all colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices of the property; lead by example.
- Ensure guest satisfaction at all times by assuring safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
- Maintain all equipment in safe working order.
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times.
Report any potential hazards or emergencies so they can be rectified immediately.