Job Description For Health Club Attendant (full time)
Fairmont Royal York
Health Club Attendant (part time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
As a Health Club Attendant, you will ensure that our guests and visitors will receive a warm welcome and enter a well-stocked, clean fitness centre & pool area. The attendant will be available to assist with answering questions and coordinating the guests' wellness experience.
Your experience and skills include:
- Welcome guests and visitors to the facility, providing a warm welcome/fond farewell and respond to their inquiries
- Communicate guest needs as required amongst other members of the team
- Clean equipment after use and check functionality of all items in the space regularly
- Ensure fitness and pool area are presentable and well stocked by coordinating cleanliness concerns with the appropriate departments
- Regularly move about the space to maintain orderliness of the operation
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
- Any other tasks as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Passionate about wellness and fitness
- Previous work experience in guest facing/customer service roles
- Available to work evenings and weekends
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 60 lbs
- Frequent work above shoulder height is required
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here. Note
: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS