Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For History and Heritage Guide
Queen Elizabeth 2
History and Heritage Guide
First impressions are everything! The History and Heritage Guide is responsible for making every trip special for groups of visitors/guests;
The Tour Guide should be able to plan itineraries and lead groups of the paying public to all open and available areas of the QE2. The role is aimed at generating revenues for tour operations as well as interpreting the history and significance of the vessel.
What is in it for you:
Your experience and skills include:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Conducting QE2 heritage tours of approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- Helping organize and setting up of QE2 and its facilities for VIPs, special visiting groups, etc.
- Greeting and welcoming tour groups upon arrival and dealing skillfully with a variety of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
- Continually keeping informed about changes in QE2 exhibits, offerings, promotions etc.
- Assisting, with special event programs.
- Engage with visitors wandering through the exhibition gallery and engage in impromptu tours or conversations.
- Builds relationship with guests to delight and gain loyalty.
- Ensures all interactions with guests are handled professionally and with care adhering to hotel's policies and procedures.
- To maintain the daily records/reservations on the tour booking system ( SerVme ).
- Collect Payments ( using multiple modes of payments )
- Supporting the Front Office Team where and when required and having a strong foundational knowledge of the Opera Systems etc.
Your team and working environment:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- With Intrests that include Art, History, Public speaking or Tourisim
- 2 years hotelier experience in any customer facing role in a 5 star hotel setting
- The iconic Queen Elizabeth (QE2) Dubai's first and only floating hotel is a 497 room hotel and one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in History where the past is relived in the luxury of today.
Guest experience is a true British Heritage and history with a visit to one of the world's most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai's Port Rashid in the UAE.
The property is in close proximity to some of Dubai's attractions including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the Dubai World Trade Centre. The Queen Elizabeth 2 shares a neighborhood with some of Dubai's other cultural gems including the Gold Souk, Dubai Creek and the Etihad Museum. The nearest airport is Dubai International Airport, 8 km from the accommodation.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS