Job Description For Host, REIGN Restaurant (full time)
Fairmont Royal York
Host, REIGN Restaurant (full time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Rate of pay for this position: 27.93/ hour Rate of pay for this position: 27.93/ hour
Your experience and skills include:
- Consistently offer a professional and friendly greeting, and provide engaging service
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Track all covers in the dining room per station and have general knowledge of the union agreement
- Attend all pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to ensure open lines of communication between all employees
- Actively participate in the health and safety procedures as a way to reduce workplace related accidents
- Carry out any miscellaneous duties pertaining to the total operation of the outlet as requested by your direct supervisor
- Communicate effectively with the team including the kitchen of reservations update, last minute changes, larger parties and special requests
- Adhere to alcohol handling procedures and policies
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
- Any other tasks as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Previous work experience in a restaurant/food and beverage setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Multi tasked when dealing with high volume of guest requests
- Excellent Computer skills
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here. Note
: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS