We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Istanbul/Turkey
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 01 Dec 2021
Job Role : Hostess
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ85025
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 29 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly): USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Quasar Istanbul
Responsible for providing the basic service aspects of the restaurant so as to function as a successful independent profit centre. To ensure the maximum of guest satisfactions in accordance with hotel standards through constant trainings.
- Handle table reservations, control the flow and seating of guests, and perform the hostess' duties in a manner consistent with the standards set by the Hotel.
- Take over duties from the previous shift. Hand over properly before leaving.
- Check, update and follow up on daily events.
- Check and update poster daily according to the meal period.
- Check, advice and co-ordinate with the Station's Captain on daily events and summary.
- Handle reservations and enquiries.
- Greet and seat the guests.
- Allocate the tables accordingly.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the menus and beverage list as well as the Hotel's activities.
- Present the menus and make recommendations.
- Assist in taking food and beverage orders.
- Assist in F&B service.
- Interact with the guests and obtain feedback.
- Assist the station staff during busy periods.
- Liaise between duties and responsibilities with the waiters/waitresses.
- Evaluate operations and procedures and suggest improvements to the Manager.
- Handle the guest complaints.
- Check bills before presenting to the guests.
- Bid the guests farewell and thank them for their patronage.
- Remember the guests' names and address them by their names if possible.
- Operate the Micros system effectively.
- Ensure that restaurant seating is maximised at all meal periods.
- Ensure that no reusable beverage is wasted.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of all food and beverage items served.
- Control breakages and losses of operating equipment
- Maintain good communication with all other Hotel departments.
- Create a sound and strong working relationship with all staff and help them to develop to their maximum potential.
- Keep the Manager informed on all items of interest.
- Enquire guests' satisfaction and handles guests' complaints.
- Establish good guest relations.
- Photocopy the required documents for references.
- Replenish forms.
- Check and follow-up on any physical defects of the Venue.
- Check on the cleanliness of the Venue.
- Report guest incidents and Lost and Found items to the Manager.
- Upsell and cross-sell other Venues.
- Collect newspapers daily for guest use from the bell counter.
- Ensure that the Hostess desk is neatly arranged well stocked and cleaned at all times.
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and cleanliness.