Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Hostess (Saudi's Female Only)
ibis Jeddah Malik Road
Maintain compl ete knowledge of:
- Dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, proper table setups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code
- Restaurant reservation procedures
- Daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP's
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
- All department policies / service procedures
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate reservation or cancellation changes to management as they arise throughout the shift.
- Monitor the preparation of own assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu's, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure that the hostess stand is cleaned and organized.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat Guest accordingly to floor plan / being fair to each waiter.
- Show guests their table which has been designated to them
- Ensure that the guests are pleased with their table.
- Present the open menu to the guest.
- Ensure that the tables are set to the best service of the guest.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle waiting lines.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, however busy and whatever time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following instant pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guests' reactions and confer frequently with management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and participate to ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to the department procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working conditions of own section equipment and supplies.
- Assist restaurant staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guest: when requested.
- Promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and quality.
- Do table visits systematically at each meal period to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Promote F&B Outlets to each customer in down time.
- Successful completion of the training process.
- To assist the Supervisor to ensure proper cashiering procedures are followed and accurately balanced.
- To assist in Menu printing.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To read and understand the hotel's Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.