Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Engineering
Location : Cardiff, United Kingdom
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 13 Sep 2022
Job Role : AC Technician
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ42543
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-12-30
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Ibis Cardiff Gate/ Novotel Cardiff Centre/ Ibis Budget Cardiff
- Undertake and manage various general maintenance tasks, including plumbing, electricity, telecommunications, heat & air conditioning, pool maintenance, carpentry and decorating;
- Conduct routine inspection of premises and equipment and handle basic repairs and maintenance requirements;
- Inspecting building structures, equipment and assets performing reactive and preventive maintenance;
- Perform task and deliver service with the highest level of discretion, aiming for minimal disruption and inconvenience for guests and visitors;
- Actively seek to contribute to the comfort of guests and visitors;
- Remain proactive and approach tasks and requests with a can-do-attitude;
- Handle basis repairs and maintenance ; coordinate and oversee contractors and external providers ensuring they work in relation to service agreements and procedures;
- Install, inspect and troubleshoot equipment, appliances and systems;
- Maintain and replace heating, air conditioning and distribution systems as and when required;
- Liaise with and supervise contractors and external providers to carry out work activities;
- Assist in record keeping and keep daily log of repairs and maintenance of assets and equipment;
- Respects Accor's Legionnaires' disease directive;
- Apply the Hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc);
- Champion the Hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc);
- Actively contributes to the safety of people and property (ensuring safety exits remain clear of obstruction etc);
- Take responsibility for identifying areas of improvement within range of operation, including risk awareness;
- Undertake appropriate training to develop increased expertise in the area of work concerned;
- Report stock levels.
Performs semi-skilled maintenance and repair services of the 3 properties or facility systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building systems.
Primary emphasis is the performance of a variety of maintenance tasks rather than a high degree of skill in any particular trade.
May be skilled in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, preventative maintenance.
Responsible for maintenance function of the hotels, ensuring an effective and efficient service is delivered at all time and ensure guest and back of house areas are well maintained.
Reporting line: Cluster Manager
Pension Scheme; Health Care Cash Plan; The Accor Bienvenue Card : A Discount Card to be used in Accor Hotels World Wide and Selected partners; Bonus Break: 2 Complimentary B&B stays in UK hotels every 6 months + 1 extra on your birthday; Family and Friends Voucher; Double paid on bank holidays; Training & Development; Additional holidays with service (20 + 5 years); International Development Opportunities; Employee Advisory Service; Recommend a friend incentive; Childcare Vouchers; Eye care vouchers; Meals on duty; Uniforms & shoes.