Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For House Manager - Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story.
There has never been a more exciting time to embark on a career with us. Carton House has re-opened as the first and only member of the Fairmont Hotel and Resorts brand in Ireland, one of the worlds most storied hotel brands.
We invite you to join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story. We want to meet people with a passion for service, innovation and going the extra mile for both our guests and colleagues. In doing so, we offer a workplace that puts excellence and innovation at the forefront while championing a diverse and inclusive team.
The House Manager at Carton House is an exciting position created at the hotel and this person will have full responsibility for the historic Manor House, ensuring that service standards and procedures are perfectly in place to guarantee a successful rebranding and launch phase for staff and guests.
With exceptional attention to detail and taking a truly personalised approach, the House Manager will deliver a luxurious and unforgettable guest experience in a professional and engaging way. Every day, he or she, will be focused on turning moments into memories at Carton House and nurturing loyalty to encourage return stays at this one of a kind 18th century abode.
- Work in conjunction with the senior management team at Carton House to actively manage the Historic House to an exceptionally high standard.
- Provide effective leadership to the House team and ensure service and standards are met and exceeded.
- Prepare resort strategies, establishes effective goals, measurements and action plans for the resort related to Quality: Guest Satisfaction, Leading Quality Assurance. Manage and mentor our Quality Team. Perform detailed and recorded LQA inspections for all departments on iAuditor in line with LQA standards.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all Historic House departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Comply with and exceed hotel and company service standards as a Fairmont managed property.
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout, particularly in the control of payroll and related costs.
- Manage and develop the Historic House team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning.
- Seek and respond to guest feedback, working closely with the Director of Rooms in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction, ensuring each guest enjoys a truly unique Historic House experience.
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with direct reports in the Historic House.
Why work for Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel?
- 5 years' plus experience in luxury boutique hotels, manor homes or private residences.
- Degree or equivalent, ideally in a hospitality or management related field.
- Strong rooms division background and experience within F&B.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- To be part of Accor's large global hospitality network.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Refer a Friend bonus of €250.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers.