Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Housekeeping Manager
Novotel Kolkata - Hotel & Residences
- Assist the Head of Department in managing and directing all Housekeeping activities in Novotel Kolkata to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction & also maintaining high level of service and cleaning & maintenance standards in all areas of responsibilities.
- To assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding Housekeeping service and equipment and hence take corrective action.
- Establish standards and procedures for the work of Housekeeping team and plan work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- To direct and control the Housekeeping operations and staff of the Housekeeping department.
- Any matter which may effect the interests of Novotel Kolkata should be brought to the attention of the Management.
- Establish and maintain seamless co-ordination & co-operation with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum cooperation, productivity, morale and guest service.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels in order to consistently provide excellent guest service.
- Provide effective support to the team to enable them to provide a range of effective and efficient services.
- Ensure that the team has been trained for all safety provisions.
- Motivate and develop staff to ensure smooth functioning of the department and promote teamwork.
- Respond to customer queries by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist the Head of Department to formulate yearly business plan and budget.
- Ensure to maintain department budget within established guidelines and explain monthly variances.
- Identify optimal, cost effective use of the resources and educate the team on the same.
- Maintain cost controls through proper scheduling and inventory management.
- Inspect guest and public areas on a regular basis to ensure that the furnishings, facilities and equipments are clean and in a good condition.
- Ensure to maintain appropriate grooming standards in hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of the Housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect all renovation projects and ensure rooms are defect free prior to release.
- Assist in all inventories and ensure to coordinate the training programes.
- Coordinate all repairs & refurbishments.
- Ensure to conduct daily briefings in order to provide effective and efficient services.
- Conduct follow-up to ensure that high standards of quality are maintained and that all procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure to inspect the rooms on a regular basis.
- Coordinate operations with Department coordinators, supervisors and other Departmental Managers to ensure operational readiness, efficiency in resource utilization, and the prompt delivery of services.
- Coordinate the making of new uniforms and also maintain the records of condemn linen and uniforms.
- Ensure that all records regarding uniforms are maintained.
- Interact with guests and personnel of the hotel in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance of furniture, carpeting, equipment and supplies is an on-going process.
- Ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety are practiced in the Housekeeping department and in all other areas of the hotel.
- To plan and organize the operations to effectively achieve and maintain the established standards of cleanliness in interiors, guest rooms, corridors, public areas and back of the house areas.