Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Housekeeping Opportunities (Spring /Summer Start Dates)
Fairmont Banff Springs
You are at the heart of the hotel! Working in our Housekeeping department is a great way to meet lots of friends and be able to turn moments into memories for your guest. You will take ownership of guest rooms or our public areas ensuring that our guests are provided with a clean, sanitized and comfortable space, and be a part of creating memorable experience for them.
Covid-19 Safety Policy: In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Safety Policy.
Rate of Pay: Room Atttendant/Housekeeping Attendant/Turn Down Attendant - Starting at $17.00 per hour. Full rate after one year is $20.00 per hour. Night Public Spaces Attendant starting at $18.11 pr hour. Full rate after one year is $20.92 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Room Attendant
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Night Public Spaces Attendant
- Turn Down Attendant (Part Time) 5pm-9pm
What you will be doing:
- Subsidized staff housing for full time status
- Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Room Attendant are responsible for cleaning all assigned guestrooms to standard. This includes making beds, change sheets, vacuuming, cleaning, folding, dusting and polishing guest rooms.
- Housekeeping Attendant are responsible for sanitizing ice machines on guest room floors, maintenance and upkeep of the backspaces. This will include but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, trash and recycling removal, stocking and organizing. Support Room Attendants by removing dirty linen from vacant guest rooms. Responsible for stocking linens and guest supplies. Sorting dirty linen ready for export to laundry services. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the guest corridors and public spaces. This will include but not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, polishing, damp dusting, elevator track cleaning, cleaning public washrooms, brass polishing and trash removal. Responsible for cleaning dirty glassware from guestrooms and restocking clean glassware in appropriate places and to appropriate par levels
- Night Public Spaces Attendants are responsible for moving and placing furniture back to its original place, vacuum carpets where needed. Clean assigned public areas throughout the hotel. Empty garbage in all public areas and clean public area restrooms. Clean all mirrors, inside of windows, wipe and dust all surfaces; keeping all brass shiny, responsible for moving and placing furniture back to its original place
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience for the guest
- Take ownership of guests' privacy and belongings, while ensuring exceptional service
- All other duties as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Warm and caring personality; previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Physically fit as you will be standing and walking throughout shift
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to push, pull, lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Able to bend and kneel with comfort
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS APPLY TODAY:
For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com
CWMR-1888 - CWMR-2022