Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For HVAC Technician
Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - HVAC & Refrigeration Technician and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To maintain all refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation & Air-conditioning equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following: -
- Reports to the Duty Engineer / Shift leader regarding daily work progress and work order completion.
- Attains all refrigeration and A/C complaint reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority.
- Works closely with Duty Engineer / Shift leader and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:-
- Able to read Building services, Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical drawings.
- Able to fault find and repair air-conditioning, refrigeration and building control systems. Good electrical knowledge.
- Knowledge of BMS systems.
- Experience of reciprocating Chillers and Air handling plant and cold rooms.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes.
- Flexible and team player - able to work on own initiative.
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals.
- Makes periodic inspection tours to check all refrigeration equipment functioning properly.
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule programme.
- Works closely with electrician to carry out electrical work when required, including functions and parties.
- Daily refrigeration log sheet to be filled and temperature to be recorded.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor.
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keep their working place neat and clean.
- -Understand the Raffles Brand and operating standards.
- Participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to do Gas and Arch welding
- Good English command
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Minimum 5 years air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects. Luxury Hotels - Hospitals experience preferred.