Hotels & Resorts
Health and Safety
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Hygiene Officer - Raffles & Fairmont Doha
FAIRMONT FAIRMONT HOTEL & RESIDENCES DOHA
The position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the hotel's Food Safety Program.
Department Heads on topics related to Food Safety
Externally Third party/ External contractor with impact on activities related to Food Safety
- Property maintenance (if applicable).
- Culinary chefs/colleagues.
- F&B Directors/managers/colleagues.
- Banquet managers/colleagues.
- Front office/executive lounges.
- Receiving managers/personnel.
- Purchasing Director/team.
Primary Responsibilities IMPLEMENTS FOOD SAFETY PROGRAMME
- Pest control body.
- Night cleaning body.
- Waste collection/disposal body.
- NEA/Food establishment hygiene standard compliance regulator.
- Third party audit/Inspection organisation.
- Food suppliers.
- Compass (Third party staff canteen operator).
- Third party lab testing body.
VEIFICATION OF FOOD SAFETY PROGAMME
- Ensures the basic hygiene standard for Culinary and F&B outlets are complied.
- Implements the food safety system, ie; HACCP system, EHC audit requirements.
- Trains and develops awareness and communicates food safety requirements.
- Conducts on site outlet's hygiene and food safety audits/inspection.
- Develops food safety documentation and visual aids (posters for communication, awareness and ensuring competence of staff in food safety prorgamme).
- Maintains yearly licensing, HACCP system compliance by NEA in compliance to a licensed A grading and hygienic premises.
MONITORING AND MEASUREMENTS
- Plans, initiates and follows up on verification programme for third party lab testing.
- Analyses and recommends actions on verification programme for food testing and inspection outcome.
- Audits/Inspects the colleague dining room's operation on it's hygiene standard.
CORRECTIVE AND PREVENTIVE ACTIONS
- Calibrates thermometers for all outlets where critical control points are implemented food safety use.
- Follows up on status of corrective actions related to food safety complaints.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Performs suppliers audits and follows up on corrective actions related to food safety problems.
- Follows up and investigates all food safety related complaints and recommends action plans for prevention or corrections.
Profile Knowledge and Experience
- Coordination with inter departments on food safety requirements required for EHC audit compliance, especially on areas that are impacted on Engineering - property maintenance follow up.
- Supplier controls and consistent operation and hygiene compliance
- Handling of Food Safety related issues from Guest feedbacks/incidents
- Diploma in Chemical Process technology and Diploma in Advance Food Technology Completed First Year Module Only.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Food safety regulations and the applicable legislations.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.