Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Room Service Staff
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For In Room Dining Order Taker - Arabic Speaker
Position : In Room Dining Order Taker - Arabic Speaker
Department : Food & Beverage
Reports to : In Room Dining Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide prompt and courteous F&B service to the Hotel's guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update white board daily (AM).
- Prepare daily cashiering forms and operational forms.
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper Accounting procedures.
- Complete knowledge of menus and wine lists, and up-to-date information about specialities and menus.
- Regular check with culinary team for non availability items.
- Answer all phone calls promptly and efficiently, using the correct greeting.
- Carry out correct order taking procedures with recommendations to the guest.
- Seize opportunity to up sell IRD food and beverage products.
- Carry out proper cashiering procedures as set by Raffles Hotels & Resorts standards.
- The ability to maintain a clean, neat and orderly order taker cabin throughout service.
- Correct preparation of all necessary operational material in the order taker cabin and in the pantry areas.
- Reporting of any guest comments to the superior, completing guest preference sheet.
- Conscientious handling of operating equipment and maintaining the department in a clean and tidy condition.
- Will write beverage storeroom requisition for approval by IRD Manager.
- To communicate to both internal and external customers in a polite, courteous and constructive manner.
- Learning of safety, sanitation and hygiene policies.
- Participation in internal training and necessary meetings.
- To maintain good working relationship with own colleagues, and all other departments.
- To actively promote the services and facilities of Raffles Dubai and Raffles Hotels to guests and suppliers of the Hotel.
- Report to manager any kinds of deviation from set standard and procedures.
- To ensure amenities are send to the room in according rooming list & Raffles standard.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Follow Raffles Dubai telephone standard.
- To control & maintain delivery timing within Raffles Dubai standard.
- Arabic speaker
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Able to account and handle cash effectively and efficiently
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Basic F&B product knowledge with a focus on wine
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience
- Previous public contact and/or cashiering experience