Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Jr. Sous Chef
Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Junior Sous Chef and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
Assist Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine to set standards and maintain them to Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk Standards. Ensure the smooth operation of the department in charge by optimizing the use of materials and manpower, thereby maximizing revenue and guest's satisfaction. Coordinate and execute training of kitchen colleagues. Be able to motivate colleagues. Cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Assist the Chef de cuisine/Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen
- Attend daily meetings with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous-Chef regarding the menus
- Attend meetings as required in the Operational Manual and up-date the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef on points raised.
- Hold a daily and monthly meeting with his department kitchen colleagues and report to Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef (or designate when instructed)
- Assist the Chef de cuisine or Sous Chef in establishing culinary standards specific to banquets which meet the needs of the target market.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine or Sous Chef in planning menus and recipes and test samples in conjunction with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef
- Write specific and accurate product specifications and standards recipes for use in the computer and by the Materials manager
- Use, wherever possible, locally and seasonally available products in menus and "specials".
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS :
- Inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure the quality is maintained.
- Inspect twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations, to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed check lists to the Executive Chef (or any designates)
- Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- Conjunction with the Chef de cuisine/Sous Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service on quality basis.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- Liaise with the Chief Steward (or any designates) in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges, to ensure a sufficient supply of crockery and cutlery for the service and the banqueting department.
- Plan rosters on a 1 weekly basis and to review on a daily basis with the Chef de Cuisines/Sous Chefs (or any designates, overtime, rosters and holiday requirements and absenteeism.
- Report accidents and sickness in the log Book and to report any such incidents to the Chef de Cuisines/Sous Chefs (or any designates) on a daily basis.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisines/Sous Chefs (or any designates) and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Instruct on the correct usage of Kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all Kitchen colleagues as set out by the Health & Safety regulations and correct the usage if necessary.
- Ensure that the standards set by the Company's Policy and Procedures regarding personal hygiene are maintained by all Kitchen colleagues
- Ensure that the daily logbook is utilized, and complaints are immediately reported to the Chef de Cuisines/Sous Chefs (or any designates) Complete material checklist e.g. mise-en-place within own department for all sections.
- Check daily each section in own department to ensure work has been carried out in the proper manner.
- Check daily function sheets within Main Board.
- Pass all information to late shift About functions
- Maintain all hotel records and forms as prescribed by local hotel management and policies.
- Plan and implement effective skills training programmes in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- Maximise colleagues' productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Hold a daily training session and keep records about it.
- Instruct on the correct usage of Kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that is carried out in the correct manner by all Kitchen colleagues as set out by the Health & Safety regulations and correct the usage if necessary.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine/Sous Chef (or any designates) to develop standard recipes which allow the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable food cost.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine/sous Chef (or any designates) to maximise colleagues productivity in order to minimise payroll costs.
- Monitor operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses
- Identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local Market.
- Monitor and analyse the menus and product of competitive banqueting operations.
- Develop menus, buffets (where applicable) and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
EXPE RI ENCE :
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Second language preferred.
- High school graduate.
- Good leadership, training, motivation and communication skills.
- Eight to ten years experience in cooking and supervision.