Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Junior Sous Chef
Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Junior Sous Chef
Do you have an apetite for career progression and are ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our Culinary leadership team.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Contributing to menu planning for all outlets
- Staying current on industry/competitive trends and creating strategies for improvement and to maximize Food & Beverage revenue.
- Daily line checks on quality of food prep, tasting food and ensuring proper preventive measure in place
- Working with line cooks, assisting where required during operations
- Managing colleagues daily task, delegating task as needed on managing everybody is at peak performance
- Being an ambassador in leading health and safety.
- Following up on daily proper food safety standard and ensuring all areas are delegated to be cleaned and all records are maintained up-to-date
- Fostering a culture where employees focus on their role of doing whatever it takes to exceed guest expectations while performing multiple functions.
- Actively seeking feedback from employees and guests, following-up and taking action to improve VOG & EES results.
- Developing close and effective working relationships with all supporting departments in particular within Food & Beverage and Stewarding.
- Participating in committee activities like and not restricted to - Health and safety, Planet 21, Heartist, etc
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety standards are met in accordance with government regulations, that procedures are followed, and that all employees have the correct knowledge and tools to work SAFE.
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Highly motivated and guest driven with the proven ability to solve problems and to make timely guest service decisions.
- Creative and willing to take risks
- Proactive with a demonstrated eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple functions/projects while meeting deadlines.
- Computer literacy required: Windows and MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Must be highly health and safety conscious and actively involved in enhancing workplace wellness.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- Red Seal Certificate an asset
- As a condition of your employment, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide appropriate proof of vaccination to the hotel prior to your start date
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS