Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Junior Sous Chef, La Dame de Pic
The Junior Sous Chef is responsible for the supervision of the overall kitchen's operation and for achieving and maintaining the highest standards of food quality and guest satisfaction. Main responsibilities include, but not limited to, quality, training and development of team members.
- Monitors food quality and consistency to ensure that the food presented to our guest is of the highest quality standards.
- Supervises and monitors kitchen operations, works with yield testing, product identification and that the proper rotation and labelling is followed accordingly to written guidelines for food produce specifications.
- Daily spot checks, monitors all food items being ordered by the kitchen and to ensure all items are utilised completely to avoid wastage.
- Works closely with receiving and storeroom and ensures that goods received are of the standard quality and meets hotel's specifications.
- Constantly assesses freshness, presentation and temperature of food served.
- Supervises food tasting sessions.
- Ensures food portioning, serving, requisitions and receiving from stores are properly controlled in line with Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimise wastage.
- Updates menu recipe costing and menu planning as required, as well as for F&B promotions.
Hygiene and sanitisation
- Responsible for personal hygiene and grooming in accordance to Raffles Hotel Singapore standards, National Environmental Agency standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Enforces the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in kitchens. This includes working areas including, but not restricted to; refrigerators, freezers, ceiling, walls, floors, shelving working tables and working utensils such as carving boards, slicer, mixers, blenders, cutters, woks, pots, pans, etc.
- Ensures that all equipment is hygienically stored in its designated area.
- Ensures that all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently, items are utilised completely to avoid wastage and ingredients are always fresh and within its expiry date.
- Prevents using spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation. This will prevent colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection from taking part in the preparation or handling of food.
Management and leadership of the culinary team
- Supervises the work of the colleagues and viewed as approachable, fair when dealing with all the Chefs on all culinary matters at all times.
- Assigns in detail specific duties to all colleagues, instructs them in their work and communicates with Executive Chef on all aspects of the kitchen management.
- Liaises with all departments to ensure correct and professional operation is conducted. Ensures all colleagues are on time at all times and that proper disciplinary action is taken when the policies of the culinary division are not followed.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Ensures that all deadlines are met.
Training, learning and development of culinary team
- Conducts training regularly for colleagues to develop their skills/new menu items.
- Records and submits monthly On-the-Job Training hours to Chef's Office before the 15th of each month.
- Guides the departmental orientation for new hires.
- Ensures that colleagues are aware of hotel rules and regulations.
- Ensures that colleagues are trained on fire and safety, emergency procedures and hygiene.
Involvement in wider job function relationships
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with colleagues, supervisors and managers.
- Builds guest loyalty and develops a professional relationship with local guests and regular patrons.
- Continually improves product through obtaining feedback from guests and patrons.
- To uphold Accor values of Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect, when undertaking any tasks and in any internal and external interactions.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that supports 'Planet 21' initiatives (Accor's Corporate Social Responsibility program).
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Professional Certificate in a Culinary-related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in the Food & Beverage industry (hotel and free standing restaurant) in similar position, preferably in a reputable establishment or celebrity chef restaurant.
- Proficient in written and conversational English.
- Prior work experience in Singapore or South East Asia preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work and thrive within a culturally diverse environment.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Leads to constantly improve the guest and colleague service experience.
- Leadership skills required - collaborative, enabling, and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrates sophistication, humbleness, personality, charisma, confidence, professional etiquette and competencies.
Located in the Main Building of Raffles Singapore, La Dame de Pic, Raffles Singapore takes its place of honour at one of the hotel's most recognised dining spaces. One of the world's top female chefs with three Michelin stars, Anne-Sophie Pic, debuts her entry into Asia with a remarkable restaurant in Raffles Hotel Singapore. The contemporary chic French restaurant invites guests to discover the world of Anne-Sophie's culinary identity, which reflects her search for aromatic complexity, combinations of flavours and powerful tastes that evoke emotions. The wine list offers a wide international base that leans towards the French regions, with a particular focus on Anne-Sophie's birthplace, the Rhône Valley. The renowned chef is also a third-generation Michelin starred chef, following the footsteps of her grandfather and father, perfectly reflecting Raffles Singapore's rich heritage.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues' Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit - Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children's Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.