Hotels & Resorts
Wellington, New Zealand
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Kitchen Hand - Novotel Wellington
Do you have a heart to serve and love being part of a team? As Kitchen Hand, you will assist in the execution of memorable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests.
- Assist in the preparation of food as directed by the Executive Chef or supervisory team.
- Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards.
- Ensure all kitchens are kept clean and tidy according to current Health & Hygiene regulations.
- Ensure each outlet is supplied with sanitised clean and dry operational equipment.
- To count, sort and prepare operating equipment as required.
- Ensure correct handling of chemicals and equipment as per manufacturers instructions.
- Ensure all operating equipment, crockery, cutlery & glassware is hygienically and safely stored.
- Follow the regular cleaning rosters and standard methods for deep cleaning of floors, walls, coolers, oven's & operating equipment.
- To contribute to cost control through energy conservation and the careful use of water, cleaning materials and other appliances
- Ensure garbage is collected and disposed of correctly from all kitchen areas each shift.
- Utilise safe and hygienic methods for the removal of dry and wet waste.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation Skills
- Ability to work on a rotating roster
Your experience and skills include:
- Staff meals while on duty
- Uniform provided & laundered
- Accommodation discounts & Free Anniversary Stay
- Discounted benefits throughout Accor
- Staff celebration & tenure recognition
- Bring your mate to work - program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fantastic career growth opportunities
- On-going training, learning and development
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Organized and a great team player
- Passionate about maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS