Hotels & Resorts
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Kitchen Porter
Novotel Edinburgh Centre
- To assist the kitchen brigade in ensuring that all kitchen areas are kept clean and tidy at all times. Ensure that all F&B outlets are provided with clean and sanitised operating equipment. To utilise food-handling techniques which are in line with current Health and Hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all kitchens are kept clean and tidy according to current Health & Hygiene regulations.
- To count, sort and prepare operating equipment as required.
- Ensure correct handling of chemicals and equipment as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Ensure all operating equipment, crockery, cutlery & glassware is hygienically cleaned and safely stored.
- Follow the regular cleaning rosters and standard methods for deep cleaning of floors, walls, coolers, oven's & operating equipment.
- To contribute to cost control through energy conservation and the careful use of water, cleaning materials and other appliances
- Ensure garbage is collected and disposed of correctly from all kitchen areas each shift.
- Utilise safe and hygienic methods for the removal of dry and wet waste.
- Any other reasonable request as required by your Supervisor or Hotel Management.
- Helps receive deliveries and tidies food items according to storage guidelines.
- Cleans and tidies the workplace and employee's dining room following the supervisor's instructions.
- -Loading bay duties - tiding, cleaning and receiving deliveries.