Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Kitchen Steward
Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor
Th8 Palm, managed by Accor is a newly-open 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 161 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Participate in dishwashing, garbage removal, silver polishing, pot washing or any other stewarding area as necessary in accordance with department needs (based on staffing or business levels!)
- Ensure a safe and productive operation.
- Assure compliance with Health Department standards.
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen, storerooms, hallways, dock, and equipment.
- At start of shift - do a complete walkthrough of stewarding areas to observe the status of all areas.
- Throughout the shift - continuously walk through all areas.
- Being responsible for answering Stewarding Phone and assisting all operations with requirements.
- Assist in controlling stocks for daily use in the department (cleaning products, mop heads, etc).
- Assist in controlling breakage, waste management.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of all kitchens and HOH areas as well as ensuring all maintenance needs are looked after.
- Ensure all paper towel dispensers are full at all times throughout the shift.
- Maintain regular attendance at department and operations meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a Stewarding department
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to stand for long hours and lift heavy equipment
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS