Hotels & Resorts
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Laundry supervisor
ibis Jeddah Malik Road
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To maximize customer and staff satisfaction by providing neat and clean requests as per instruction of Housekeeping Manager in accordance with the standards of Maintains effective communication within the laundry.
All job should be carried out in an efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive way, and in line with departmental guidelines.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROVIDE NEAT, CLEAN AND ATTRACTIVE SERVICES
SAFETY, SECURITY AND HEALTH
- Maintains work-effective communication within the Laundry Department.
- Handles hotel and guest property carefully and honestly.
- Prepares and finishes all hotel linen in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensures that all terry items are folded in the prescribed manner.
- Ensures that all Rooms and Food & Beverage linen is processed through the flatwork ironer in the prescribed manner.
- Ensures that production and quality standards are met in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintains accurate production records.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensures that all torn or stained linen is separated for special handling.
- Keeps ironer, folder and related equipment clean as per factory recommendations.
- Is familiar with safety security and with fire procedures.
- Reports unusual circumstances to Housekeeping Manager
- Reports maintenance requests and replacement orders
- Assists guests and other departments when required
- Attends to guest needs and requests courteously and efficiently
- Ensures safety, maximum security and confidentiality to guests and hotel at all times
- Turns in articles found in Laundry to the Executive Housekeeper for Proper "lost and found" handling
- Reports all potential and real hazards immediately
- Reports any defective equipment immediately
- Is fully aware of all departmental fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Works in a safe manner in regards to lifting, and utilizes equipment,chemicals and protective devises as instructed
- Looks for possible and probable hazards and conditions and brings them to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager
- Knows the hotel's fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Adheres to hotel policies and procedures
- Starts working on time
- Wears appropriate uniform correctly, and makes sure it is in good condition
- Uses stockings at all times
- Keeps self to the highest standards of personal hygiene, uniform,appearance, body language
- Is straight forward and brings problems and concerns to the Housekeeping Manager
- Co-operates with other employees
- Attends trainings meetings as required by Housekeeping Manager
- Is a team player
- Accepts flexible work schedule when necessary and requestedby Housekeeping Manager
- Maintains own working areas, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment.
- Continuously seeks to improve way of working
- Brings ideas relating to the job to the Laundry Manager's attention