Job Description For Legal Counsel
Corporate Office - Sydney
Accor is a world leader in the hotel industry, present in 110 countries, with more than 5,000 hotels and 10,000 restaurants and bars. The group deploys an integrated hotel ecosystem that is among the most diversified in the sector, notably associating luxury and high-end brands, mid-range and economic offers, exclusive lifestyle concepts, venues for shows and entertainment, clubs, restaurants and bars, private residences, shared accommodation, concierge services and co-working spaces. Accor thus has a portfolio of incomparable brands, led by more than 300,000 employees around the world. More than 65 million members benefit from the group's complete loyalty program, ALL - Accor Live Limitless.
Accor is inviting applications for full time or part time Legal Counsel roles based in our Sydney office. The successful applicant will be given an opportunity to develop their skills with the support of senior lawyers with exposure to providing legal services across a range of departments and business units.
As part of a friendly, flexible and supportive legal team, this position offers a wide variety of work with opportunities to develop your skills.
Your areas of experience may include:
Getting to know your role and responsibilities
- Property law
- Corporate law
- Commercial contracts
- Procurement contracts
- Day to day operational legal issues
- Sales and marketing
- Regulatory and compliance advice
As part of the legal team, your work will include:
What we need from you
- Providing legal advice and support to all areas of the business including corporate, asset management/property, procurement, commercial, sales and marketing and operations teams under the guidance of senior lawyers
- Preparing and updating policies and procedures as and when required
- Preparing, reviewing, negotiating and drafting amendments to contracts, agreements, term sheets and associated documentation
- Researching and advising on specific legal issues which arise including with respect to privacy, labour law, regulatory changes and regulatory compliance
- Providing assistance to senior lawyers on project work, training programs and other matters as and when required
- Assisting to establish and maintain new and effective processes
Why work for Accor?
- Degree in Law
- At least 3 years' PQE experience
- Experience in preparing, reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts and legal documentation
- Knowledge and experience in contract law and a desire to develop and grow your skills with senior lawyers prepared to share their knowledge and guide you as you expand your experience
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Confident and articulate communication skills
- Strong personal integrity
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of team members
- Flexibility and ability to embrace and respond effectively to change
- Role model in Accor values and Heartist culture
With over 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand, and over 5000 globally, Accor offers limitless opportunities to grow your career within a supportive network of likeminded professionals.
Accor offers Work Your Way opportunities to all staff including flexible working arrangements.
Become a Heartist and work in an environment where we encourage you to bring your real self to work, unleash your creativity and have fun.
Apply now to begin your journey!
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Accor - Follow ALL-Accor Live Limitless @all.pacific
Work your way across the Pacific and find other opportunities - www.jobsataccor.com.au
To see what our team are up to connect with us at @KeepUpWithAccor on Instagram, Accor Careers Pacific on Facebook and LinkedIn .