82 rue Henri Farman, CS 20077, Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : Pittsburgh, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 11 Jan 2023
Job Role : Commis Chef
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ86997
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2023-04-18
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Pittsburgh begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a Line Cook, the care you devote to food and workspace preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
What Is In It For You:
• Competitive salary
• Employee rates at Luxe Accor properties in North and Central America
• Learning programs through our Academies
• Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
• Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet21 and Employee Wellbeing initiatives
What You Will Be Doing:
• Assist in the preparation and service of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Responsible for understanding and adhering to the All Safe standards set out by the Accor brand as it relates to this position.
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
Your Experience and Skills Include:
• Previous experience in the culinary field required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an advantageous
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Ability to receive feedback positively and adjust as necessary
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Your Team and Working Environment
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh's rich history, fl.2 showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent.
Why Work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you are you are and you can find the job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your
life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor!