Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Lobby Cafe & Retail Manager, STOCK Food & Drink
Fairmont Banff Springs
As the Restaurant Manager you will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior service. This position will be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operation of Stock Food and Drinks as well as the Pool Bar.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- This position will be reporting to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Oversee the recruitment, mentorship and development of colleagues (full time and part time).
- Lead, teach, coach and inspire a dynamic team in and to provide our guests with phenomenal F&B experiences, resulting in exceptional guest satisfaction ratings
- Ensure the restaurant maintains budgeted levels of profitability and maximize revenues on a daily basis by managing reservations and turnaround times.
- Participate in monthly forecasting and month end commentary
- Assume responsibility for cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies as required
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Recognize and correct guest service issues throughout an established presence on the floor and respond to guest concerns, quickly and professionally
- Analyze data and trends to create strategies for improvement, while being innovative and upholding the Fairmont standards
- Provide creative revenue generating ideas for the venues
- Involved in ongoing food/beverage menu development and educating colleagues
- Ensure accurate bi-weekly payroll for colleagues and leaders, while maintaining an accurate vacation schedule
- Manage the venues wine programs and purchasing under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
- Ensure that the inventory turns are appropriate and inventory levels are kept to a minimum
- Liaise with the Conference Services and Catering Team to assist with groups and buy outs
- Other duties as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Minimum two years of senior experience in Food & Beverage Management
- Strong beverage and culinary knowledge required.
- WSET Level II required and Level III will be considered an asset.
- "Proserve" Certified.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Windows programs.
- Minimum of two year experience in an upscale dining venue, preferably in a full service four or five star property is a strong asset but not required.
- Experience with Silverware is preferred.
- Post secondary degree in Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management an asset
- Knowledge of Fairmont Hotels Profile Plus, Birchstreet, Watson, Netview Point - all regarded as helpful assets
- Must have a strong, proven leadership qualities and management skills including effective staff scheduling
- Creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management principles, communication, administrative skills, ambition, drive, energy, and determination
- Proven track record of strong financial and cost control knowledge and applications are required
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible, work well under pressure and be accountable to make sound thoughtful business decisions
- Highly organized individual with the ability to handle numerous tasks at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS APPLY TODAY:
For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com