We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Berkeley, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 May 2022
Job Role : Concierge
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ13273
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-24
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel
The knowledge of a great Concierge is the expectation of our Guests when staying at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your ability to anticipate Guests' needs and make informed suggestions will ensure they have a truly memorable stay.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer the highest level of professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Provide guests with accurate information about activities and dining in the hotel and area.
- Offer assistance to all guests in making reservations and arrangements for travel, dining and activities.
- Proactively communicate with our guests prior to arrival in order to ensure they are allocated the right room for their preferences and assist with making reservations so that we may deliver a seamless experience.
- Prepare special billing, flower order and amenity requests.
- Be responsible for a personal cash float.
- Inform staff and guests of activity/dining opening/closing and seasonal changes.
- Maintain good working relations with local businesses, restaurants and other hotel departments.
- Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of better guest satisfaction
- Providing informative and interesting hotel tours as required.
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and co-workers by having a working knowledge of crisis and emergency procedures.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Initiate guest contact by email & telephone to Family suites, Butler suites, DV, V1, and T4 guests, and Guest Relations contacts.
- Update guest profiles with any information gained regarding their stay.
- Ensure the completion of daily pre-arrival checks and that guest preferences and requests are met.
- Ensure each guest receives a warm and welcoming reception upon their arrival.
- Manage all office administrative duties, including confidential filing, correspondence & inventory (including the welcome cards stock).
- Communicate through departmental handovers, emails and interdepartmental meetings all pertinent guest information.
- Actively seek feedback from colleagues and guests to further enhance day to day operations with department goals in mind.
- To ensure all guests leave happy by continuous communication and problem solving throughout their stay. If they do raise any issues, ensure they are resolved and followed through.
- Establish a personalized guest culture and guest recognition program throughout the hotel.
- Communicate information regarding VIPs and prepare a photo document in conjunction with this task (Show me you know me). Share relevant details of guests arriving and in house on a daily basis.
- Ensuring working knowledge of all relevant systems
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years guest service experience required
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, sophisticated verbal & written communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all timesIn 3-4 bullet points, highlight only the most important responsibilities of the role
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/V/D
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS