Hotels & Resorts
Sales and Marketing-PR
New York, United States
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Luxury Sales Manager
The Plaza - A Fairmont Managed Hotel
The Luxury Sales Manager is responsible for growing existing luxury Consortia, and Tour/Wholesale accounts and generating new business in order to maximize transient revenue, profits and market share. The sales manager will play a senior role in action plan development and implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- College degree preferred, and/or 2 years of industry related experience with transient sales or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of CRO, all GDS, property PMS and Opera is helpful.
- Complete understanding of pricing and yielding policies, sales and marketing promotions and sales SOP's preferred.
- Understanding of related expenses preferred.
- Computer, telephone, other office equipment
- Long hours sometimes may be required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amounts of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be customer presentable at all times.
- Periodic travel will be required.
OTHER ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must understand selling strategies of all distribution channels.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL
- Good communication skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Technical proficiency in excel, Opera, Agency 360, HotelIQ, Virtuoso.net
- Good motivator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Professional demeanor
- Self starter
- Good problem solver, team player
- Energetic, alert, profit oriented, aggressive
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with FRHI and The Plaza Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include adhering to the proper dress code and wearing nametag while working.
- Comply at all times with FRHI and The Plaza standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Actively participate in discussion and contribute recommendations for yielding strategies in rooms. Attend rooms merchandising meetings.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding consortia and tour wholesale room revenue and indirectly transient room revenue as determined by General Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Management of the relationship with preferred partners including penetration of account to uncover travel influencers, management of the agency and travel manager relationships.
- Well versed in FRHI loyalty offerings including ALL Accor Live Limitless and use of all programs to shift share to The Plaza
- Actively participates in business review.
- Jointly responsible with Sales team in increasing REVPAR market share.
- Review and disseminate monthly tracking of accounts.
- Responsible to communicate new account data to reservations and GDS.
- Responsible for managing the RFP process for all consortia accounts and Tour/Wholesale
- Responsible or jointly responsible for conducting quarterly and annual customer appreciation events
- Ensure professional and courteous service to all accounts.
- Create and develop ongoing promotions for key accounts.
- Ensure that travel agent FAM trips are scheduled and professionally conducted.
- Actively participate in trade shows as needed by hotel and corporate office.
- Develop, support and train reservations agents, front office agents and Sales Coordinator.
- Work with Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Revenue Management in creating and establishing sales action plans and monthly forecast.
- Coordination of sales activities with Global Sales Team as necessary.
- Conduct sales calls, participate in trade shows and entertain clients as needed
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Entertain clients.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community organizations.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Other duties as required.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS