Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Maintenance Manager
This role will provide an aspiring operations leader with a broad understanding of the Engineering and Security departments. You will play a key role in continuously improving the guest experience. Your goal is to deliver a flawless physical product, unparalleled service, and a safe environment.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor properties worldwide
- Exclusive Employee and Friends & Family Discounts at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Exclusive access to the Pacific Northwest Food & Beverage Discount Program with 50% off at our dining destinations in Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Complimentary meal during your shift through our Colleague Dining Program
- Complimentary uniform laundering
- Access to our comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, including extended healthcare benefits and RMT, dental, vision, and complimentary counseling, wellness sessions, financial and family planning through LifeWorks
- Access to our company-matched Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP)
- Opportunity to develop your talent through coaching and our Leadership Mentoring Programs
Your experience and skills include:
- Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and individualized service
- Manage schedules and payroll
- Continuously develop and improve processes and systems
- Identify and eliminate sources of waste
- Lead the Engineering and Security teams toward the attainment of goals and standards.
- Participate in operational meetings and hotel committees
- Facilitate departmental meeting and briefings
- Participate in the Hotels' Emergency Response Team
- Master the hotel's life safety systems and business continuity processes
- Demonstrate both risk management and leadership skills in all health and safety related matters
- Manage the training, development, and performance of colleagues in an environment of integrity and respect
- Coordinate preventive maintenance in all guest rooms, public spaces, and back-of-house areas
- Assist in managing operational & capital budget plans and administration
- Participate in technical training as required
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Must have 2 to 3 years' experience in a leadership/supervisory position in hotel operations or facilities management.
- Strong technical aptitude with a proven ability to be self-motivated in learning and mastering new systems.
- Computer literate and ability to work with MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work flexible hours according to business levels, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Able to multi-task and maintain high level of productivity
- Experience with project management is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Experience with building trades is an asset, but not a requirement
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasional bending and kneeling
- Occasional carrying and lifting
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Your team and working environment:
Welcome to Canada's Castle on the Coast. The Empress Hotel sits proudly at the centre of culture and history in Victoria, British Columbia. This is the best of all worlds - where contrast meets distinction, opulence blends harmoniously with the understated and fabled history meshes with contemporary affairs. This award-winning Victoria hotel and National Historic Site is an alluring blend of classic and contemporary, vintage and cutting-edge: Where Modern meets Iconic. Come join our wonderful team of hospitality experts! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS