Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
St Andrews/United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Management Accountant
Fairmont St Andrews - Scotland
To record and compile summaries of the financial transactions of the business for management purposes. Prepare month end journals and reconciliations for the monthly accounts, and ensure that each area meets Fairmont Audit Standards.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Discounted Food & Beverage, Golf and Spa on property
- Pension Plan
Your experience and skills include:
- Preparation and posting of month end journal entries.
- Reconciliation of general ledger balance sheet and bank accounts.
- Help coordinate and train the accounting team on Fairmont accounting processes and property manager accounting process.
- Able to fill in as backup for coverage in all Accounting positions, including Income Audit, Accounts Payable, and Assistant FC.
- Loading supplier payments into the bank.
- VAT returns calculation ready for approval by DOF and then submission to HMRC
- Participate with month end closing; required to work extended hours at month end to complete preparation of preliminary financial statement, this may include weekend work when month end falls on Saturday or Sunday.
- Complete processing of payroll and sending out weekly exception report, for managers to correct.
- Complete daily credit card and cashier reconciliation.
- Direct Supervision, including scheduling, training and coaching of Audit team.
- Serve as resource to the Accounting staff as well as other departments.
- Count General Cashier's bank monthly.
- Maintain Relocation spreadsheet for annual disbursement.
- Operate within compliance with all local and national laws.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanour, ethics and image of self and fellow colleagues.
- Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive environment.
- Present yourself and the Accounting Department to other departments of the hotel that ensures a harmonious working relationship.
- Complete self-assessment of internal audit - for review with DOF.
- Complete other assignments as requested by DOF or Assistant FC.
Your team and working environment:
- Computer Skills - Strong computer skills, particularly Excel and preferably Opera, SUN, ADP, Micros
- Accounting - Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on both guest needs, while balancing colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Empathetic leader, you are keen to build emotional connection with your colleagues, help them develop their strength and provide regular and constructive feedback.
- You ensure a good communication of the Finance information and maintain excellent relationship and partnership with all the different hotel stakeholders (Owners, Accor Europe Luxury Division, Banks etc.)
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Working 5 days out of 7 with occasional weekend work required
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS