Hotels & Resorts
Sales and Marketing-PR
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Manager, Marketing & Communications, Japan
AccorHotels Japan KK - Japan Office
As part of the Brand Management and Marketing and Communications team to drive marketing activities, hotel openings and marketing operations. The role is also to improve brand equity of operating brands and hotels, and managing the corporate identity in Japan.
He/she will interact with Hub Office, Hub Country Teams and in particular our hotels as well as media - on all issues affecting the image, integrity, progress and development of our brands and their business potential.
Key Interactions Internally
- Vice President Marketing, SEAJK
- Vice President Sales, SEAJK
- Senior Director Loyalty & Guest Experience, SEAJK
- Senior Director Digital Performance & Distribution, SEAJK
- Vice President Operations, Japan
- Commercial Director, Japan
- Senior Manager, Marketing & Loyalty, Japan
- Hotel General Managers
- Hotel Marketing Communication Managers
Primary Responsibilities Brand Marketing - Overall
- Creative / Digital / PR agencies
- Trade & Business Publications
- Industry partners (Airlines, Credit Cards, Travel Consultants, etc)
- Tourism Organisations
Brand Marketing - Hotel Support
- Assist with marketing/sales/development collateral production where required.
- Be fully conversant with the brands, their standards and their DNA; ensure that the brand integrity is retained in all communications and key identity elements.
- Be the custodian of all elements of each associated Brands including communications, product, and service to be focused on driving hotels for their brand compliance.
- Brand standard adaptation for suitability to market and obtain validation appropriately when required
- Rolling out brand priorities/initiatives and programs collaboratively with the Corporate Hub Marketing team
- Be the main liaison between the Corporate Hub Team and the hotels ensuring swift and effective communication with the hotels in the region
- Ensure appointment and liaison with relevant suppliers where necessary for the supply and / or manufacturing of local product implementation.
- Oversee the creative direction of our external creative agencies, photographers, media buying company and other suppliers for brand marketing activity.
- Assisting hotels in planning and managing hotel photo and video shoots, through to working with Corporate Hub Marketing on the sign-off of images being to standard and communicated to the relevant digital photobanks.
Communications - Media Relations & Public Relations
- Provide brand marketing support and direction to all our hotels and ensure they have access to the brand tools.
- Expand the knowledge base of our field marketing specialists, via training and coaching
- Work collaboratively with our regionally appointed Brand Champions to execute an effective roll out of all new brand initiatives and follow up on implementation status.
- Direct the implementation of brand visual identity, product and services for new opening hotels and re-branding hotels.
- Manage Taskworld for all of our New opening & Rebranding hotels, ensure hotels are effectively managing and ensure the timeline is correctly managed and any delays are escalated to VP Marketing
- Ensure new Opening hotels have correct Imagery, Factsheets and Presentations in line with their brand guidelines to ensure effective openings.
Communications - Hotel Support
- Country contact for media request in and out of Japan
- Coordinate and maximise media, blogger and influencer requests in and out of Japan
- Assist in drafting/translation/proofreading and distributing strategic press releases and press kits
- Assist in/plan and organise press interviews and enquiries, media presentations, conferences, inbound and outbound familiarisation trips and any communications' events, functions i.e. hotel openings, signing ceremonies
- Cultivate relationships with media, bloggers and influencers, while pitching corporate and brand messages. Be in-country expert in B-C communications channels (e.g. Print, TV, Internet, SMS, Radio)
- Monitor media coverage of in-country media publications and of properties in Japan and submit content for clippings reports
- Support the development of relationships with in-country tourism authorities/airlines/agencies/ organisations, government agencies and corporations
- Assist General Managers and hotel communications teams in Japan with media, blogger and influencer requests, opportunities, events and strategies
- Advise hotel teams on communications procedures and guidelines
Communications - Crisis Communications
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and reporting where required.
- Keep well informed about the product locally and internationally.
- Be responsible for raising purchase orders and seeking approval on all invoices and liaising with Finance regarding invoices, payment etc.
Safety, Quality & Environment Responsibilities:
- Be key contact for in-country Media Crisis Communications
- Support communications during sensitive and crisis situations in Japan
Planning and budgeting
- Familiarise and apply Accor APACHE security and evacuation procedures (in case of fire, etc.)
- Ensure the safety of the people and property within the office
- Applies the ISO 9001/14001 quality certification requirements that impact his/her role
- Adhere and support Accor's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc.) as well as Accor's Planet 21 Charter and Commitments as applicable to the role.
- Monitor and oversight of Quality performances of your respective departments and teams following set annual objectives
Profile Knowledge and Experience
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives in order to ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to VP Marketing
- Develop short and long term plan and budgets for the marketing/ communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance in order to keep our brand awareness at highest level to drive business to our hotels.
- Recommend short and long term Organisation goals and objectives to Director of Commercial, Japan in coordination with the hotels team in order to implement coherent and achievable Marcom plan.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing and quality functions
- Bachelor Degree in Advertising, Marketing or Communications or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Marketing or Communications role
- Prior people management experience will be advantageous
- Advertising or Marketing or PR Agency experience will be advantageous
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing activities and communications activities
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in world processing, database management and page layout.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Serviced oriented with an eye for details
- Good teamworking skills and able to work effectively and contribute in a team
- Good presentation and influencing skills
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment
- Self motivated and energetic