Job Description For Marketing Manager- Waterpark
RIXOS RIXOS DOHA QETAIFAN ISLAND
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Marketing Manager- Waterpark
This position is responsible for the management of the Marketing team in the key areas of media coverage, collateral, publications, special events/promotions, community relations, and advertising.
What's in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Maintain good working relationships with local and international media
- Maintain current media lists: local and international travel, leisure, lifestyle, entertainment, business, and food editors
- Execute media placements for the waterpark through news releases and personal contacts
- Develop business and leisure travel promotions; release to the press and/or target audience
- Explore valuable media trades where appropriate
- Serve as waterpark spokesperson, when appointed by General Manager, to make all official statements for the waterpark to media, especially during crisis situations
- Maintain photo/electronic library of hotel Executive Committee and all other aspects of hotel
- Maintain and update the waterpark website
- Submit stories/photos to media regularly. Monitor news coverage and circulate it internally
- Maintain updated hotel press kit to include news releases, Executive Committee biographies & photos
- Establish PR & Communications programs that will benefit and support sales and F&B strategies and initiatives
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing in developing and producing sales support materials for the hotel (newsletters, brochures, mailers, promotion materials, in-room information, guides, etc.)
- Assist Director of Food and Beverage in the development and production of signage, menus, and other F&B collateral materials
- Contribute to employee newsletter, announcements, and other printed materials published by the Talent & Culture department
- Monitor all printed materials to ensure adherence to corporate identity standards
- Arrange photography of VIP guests and maintain archives
- Coordinate all special events and promotions with the aim to maximize publicity
- Evaluate requests for hotel donations of services/financial participation from civil, social, and charitable organizations; respond to requests, coordinate reservations, and preparation of gift certificates; Serve as hotel's representative on major civic or community programs
Your team & working environment:
- Degree/diploma in Sales & Marketing/ Hospitality Management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar capacity with proven track records
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Arabic Speaker will be preferred
- Waterpark experience will be preferred.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- Service-oriented with an eye for details
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding! Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS