Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Winnipeg, Canada
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 24 Nov 2022
Job Role : Front Office Agent
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ81732
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-12-30
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Always lending a helping hand with a smile, your passion for the city, the property, and your respect for our guests' belongings will ensure that our guests feel welcome as soon as they arrive. You will provide impeccable service to our guests while promoting Fairmont Standards that will engage our guests for a memorable experience. You will work overnight shifts with a variety of responsibilities
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Timely delivery of guests' luggage, messages, and any other items for delivery within the property.
- Personalize guests' orientation of their room in a professional, friendly and engaging way.
- Maintain a presence in the lobby as an ambassador of the property and brand, offering exceptional service to the guests.
- Demonstrate Fairmont Service Promise Standards and Fairmont Values in all interactions with both guests and colleagues.
- Assist guests with luggage requirements upon arrival and departure.
- Act as a valet parking attendant and park and retrieve guest vehicles.
- Deliver items to guest rooms as required.
- Act as an ambassador for the Fairmont Winnipeg by providing an excellent first impression for all guests of the hotel.
- Use guest names whenever possible.
- Provide information about the hotel, its services, and the surrounding area.
- Provide directions to various destinations within the area, or the city itself.
- Maintain a professional, pleasing attitude towards each of our guests and colleagues.
- Address guest concerns and bring them to the attention of the Manager on Duty.
- Ensure bell desk, lobby, guest rooms, and guest belongings are secure at all times, and any deficiencies are reported immediately.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area including lobby, business center, and driveway.
- Remain observant and respond to each guest they come in contact with.
- Care. for guests' immediate needs by getting them settled and comfortable in their room upon registration into the Hotel.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policy and ensure safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to the hotel's environmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- 1-2 years minimum of previous experience in an area of direct Guest service
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks at stressful times
- Must be self-motivating, able to work effectively unsupervised
- Must be a team player and service oriented at all times
- Must have a valid class 5 driver's license, clean driving record, and be able to provide a driver abstract detailing your driving record
- Knowledge of driving a standard vehicle
- Good physical ability & must be able to lift 40+ pounds at a time.
- Must be able to complete all physical aspects of the job without restriction
- Must be able to work various shift times including mornings, evenings, weekends and general holidays
- Must have positive and professional attitude, along with professional personal presentation
- Must have excellent English verbal & written skills
- Fluency in a second language an asset
Your team and working environment:
Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent..
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS