We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Wellington/New Zealand
Level : Management
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Night Manager
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ71259
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-03-07
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Proficiently operate the Front Desk including the checking and preparing of reports and statistical information in accordance with service standards and procedures during the night shift. Take responsibility for the safety and security of the building responding to emergency situations and any guest concerns within guidelines
- Actively participate in weekly Front Office meetings, where possible, respecting the confidentiality of issues, which may be discussed formally or informally.
- Effective supervision of late guest arrivals and early departures ensuring that room allocations and check in/check out processes follow set procedures and are customer focused.
- Totally conversant PMS and balance procedures. Run reports and draw up statistical information as required by finance policies and procedures and as requested by the Front Office Manager.
- Complete computer system backups and save in accordance with finance policies and procedures.
- Supervision of night lobby services including car parking and portering, ensuring guest arrivals and departures are as efficient as possible.
- Be aware of room availability and sensitively manager overbooking situations where late night "bumping" is required.
- Ensure telephones are answered promptly and professionally following service procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness/neatness of the hotel including back of house areas by monitoring night cleaning activities
- Programme wake up calls ensuring these are received. Order newspapers as necessary.
- Fully aware of the action to be taken and ensure the safety of guests and staff in the event of an emergency such as fire, armed hold up or bomb threat in accordance with procedures laid down in emergency policies and procedures
- Research, recommend and liaise with the Front Office Manager regarding procedures to improve the overall efficiency of the department.
- Report immediately to the Front Office Manager or EAM unusual occurrences or security issues, ensure correct documentation has been completed
- Ensure maintenance requests are completed and forwarded to AM shift Assistant Manager. Call Chief Engineer in emergencies.
- Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures ensuring that enquiries from the media are only responded to by the nominated spokesperson
- Any other duties assigned by your Manager.
- Strive to implement the Accor Asia Pacific Service Vision and demonstrate active use of the Accor Values.
Are you a Night Owl? Don't mind being awake in the wee hours of the morning? We have the perfect night role for you....
A great personality, innovation and the 'can do' attitude will be the key to success in this busy hands on role. If you think you've got what it takes to join our team and meet our commitment to service quality then we would like to hear from you.
Full NZ Drivers Licence (Able to drive both Auto and Manual Cars)
LCQ Qualification preferred
GM Certificate or able to obtain
Staff meals while on duty
Uniform provided & laundered
Accommodation discounts & Free Anniversary Stay
Discounted benefits throughout Accor
Staff celebration & tenure recognition
Bring your mate to work - program
Employee Assistance Program
Fantastic career growth opportunities
On-going training, learning and development