Hotels & Resorts
London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Pastry Commis Chef, The Savoy
"Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told"
Job title: Pastry Commis Chef
Department: Kitchen, F&B
Inspired & supported by: Executive Pastry Chef
Your purpose will be:
To work with a brigade of talented chefs to produce 5 star quality food for our guests
You will be accountable for:
- Preparing the ingredients, the mise en place, and the dishes during service for our distinctive 5 star cuisine
- Supporting the kitchen team where you are needed the most, to ensure a smooth service and great teamwork
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
What you will need to do this role: Essential:
- Following the recipes and preparing the mise en place, to ensure quality and consistency of our extraordinary 5 star cuisine for our guests
- Enhancing our offering by sharing your fresh ideas and recipes
- Learning and complying with the food hygiene, health & safety and COVID19 policies of the hotel, for the safety of our guests and team
- Maintaining a clean and organised kitchen environment, through daily tasks such as stock take and cleaning records
- Playing an active part in our team by attending kitchen briefings and hotel meetings as requested by your leader
- Reporting any problems you identify to your leader, and always looking for ways to do things better
- 1-2 years' experience in the hospitality industry or on a culinary education course
- Passion for and understanding of 5 star hospitality and what it takes to deliver it
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Confidence in speaking with colleagues at all levels in the hotel
- Enthusiastic and positive personality, with the ability to build trusting relationships with others
- Proven organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines with quality results
- Experience working in 5 star hospitality
- A passion for learning and development
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues. How you will be Extraordinary:
What's in it for you?
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say 'it's not my job!'
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
- Being part of The Savoy family - our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people