Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : Los Angeles, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 19 Jul 2022
Job Role : Pastry Chef
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ86049
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-04
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Century Plaza
As a Pastry Cook, you will be at the forefront of our guests' culinary experience. Our Chefs are passionate about developing innovative, focused, and thoughtful individuals that will use a guest-focused approach in all applications of their job functions, from planning service during pre-shift meetings and accommodating spur-of-the-moment requests, to all steps of food production and maintaining the organization and cleanliness of work areas. Together, we shape an environment that cultivates talent and growth. Our culture distinguishes the quality of our services and offerings in the world's ever changing hospitality landscape. We are part of an evolution where every detail matters, especially in our interactions. We pledge to be an inspiration to others, in our drive to being the best versions of ourselves in everything we do. Your dynamic attention to detail, focus, and enthusiasm will make our guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
- Preparing quality pastry items such as: breakfast breads and pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, ganache, amenities, displays and centerpieces, and special guest requests
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to property recipes and standards
- Provide training and development for culinary team members
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for guest feedback
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
- Diploma/certification in a culinary discipline preferred
- Previous pastry experience required
- Knowledge in chocolates, cake decorating and production, breads, candy and confections, and plated events and restaurant desserts
Your team and working environment:
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D
This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 (exceptions will be made for disabilities/medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law).
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS