Hotels & Resorts
Wailea, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Paymaster - Full-time
Fairmont Kea Lani - Maui
Do you enjoy working with numbers and have a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail? Are you highly organized? Our Finance Department is looking for someone with those qualities to become our next Paymaster. Our Paymaster is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing and reporting in accordance with Accor NCA policies and Federal and State laws. The Paymaster will also work with Department Managers concerning matters relating to the payroll function while exercising a great amount of discretion to maintain confidentiality with the hotel's payroll matters.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Generous Health Care Package
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Process biweekly payroll for all current colleagues and final payroll for departing colleagues.
- Coordinate payroll activities to ensure all pay data is compiled, processed, and reconciled in an accurate, timely and confidential manner to meet all payroll deadlines.
- Process gratuities to tipped colleagues and reconcile to accounting system.
- Review payroll submissions to ensure that all internal controls are being followed and that departmental payroll edits are completed on time and accurately.
- Calculate and prepare manual payments as required.
- Monthly completion of payroll related journal entries.
- Ensure entitlement balances are in accordance with company policy.
- Provide ongoing support and training to managers in regards to payroll matters, and work proactively to resolve any reoccurring issues. (including answering payroll related questions to colleagues)
- Keep abreast of State and Federal Regulations, Legislative updates and Accor NCA guidelines; implementing change as needed to ensure all payroll procedures are in compliance with internal and external Audit controls.
Your team and working environment:
- Minimum of one (1) year payroll experience required, preferably in a hospitality environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of colleagues in an attentive, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all payroll data.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including a proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- Requires thorough knowledge of State, Federal and IRS regulations as they relate to Payroll deductions, Remittances, and Taxable benefits.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with demonstrated numerical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Must have ability to work independently and to prioritize or seek clarification in prioritizing work assignments to meet strict deadlines.
- Maintain a professional working environment and attitude.Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Fairmont Kea Lani is Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the pristine white sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic culture. Experience a distinct spirit of aloha and genuine island hospitality that creates one of a kind experiences for each and every guest.
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS