Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Plumber
REPORTS TO: Plumbing Supervisor & Maintenance Engineer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain all plumbing equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following: -
- Reports to the Plumbing Supervisor, Maintenance Engineer ,PPM Engineer/Shift Leader regarding daily work progress and trouble report completion.
- Attains all plumbing trouble reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority.
- Works closely with plumbing technician, Supervisor/PPM engineer and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:-
- Able to read Building, plumbing drawings.
- Able to installing, repairing and maintaining fittings, fixtures and pipes.
- Able to fault find and repair procedures and methods as well as the proper materials, tools and equipment utilized in plumbing repair and maintenance work.
- Able to know safe types of methods and requirements, procedures and equipment.
- Estimates labor, material and total cost of installation and repair tasks.
- Able to trace the cause of problems on water well, sewer lift, plumbing and irrigation problems and subsequently make repairs.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programs.
- Flexible and team player - able to work on own initiative.
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals.
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule program.
- Works closely with electrician to carry out electrical work when required, including functions and parties.
- Daily plumbing log sheet to be filled and temperature to be recorded.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor.
- Able to maintains records and reports of water systems operations.
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keep their working place neat and clean.
- Able to work in full cooperation with other workers.
- Able to know how to speak and write in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to be in good communication.
- Understand the Raffles Brand and operating standards.
- Participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Minimum 5 years plumbing installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects. Luxury Hotels - Hospitals experience preferred.
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance.
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Trade Certificates, City & Guild or equal.
- Preferable apprentice time service candidate.
- Age 25+, Smart, Tidy and Alert.
- Good Basic English.