Job Description For Plumber (part time)
Fairmont Royal York
Plumber (part time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions?
Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended Healthcare Plan Coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within the Company and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- All Heartists Travel Program for stays at properties world-wide
Your experience and skills include:
- Responsible for trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance of all plumbing systems, valves, piping and equipment within the hotel.
- To carry out all plumbing, mechanical and electrical repairs in guest and public areas as required ensuring total guest satisfaction
- Responsible for troubleshooting and carrying out all repairs to all equipment, machinery, valves, pumps and building systems related to the water/sewage/steam piping in the hotel including but not limited to chilled water system, potable water system, sewage water system, hot water system, condenser water, return water and steam lines, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, valet, chillers and the HVAC system
- To respond to guest requests from Royal Service to carry out repairs and maintenance in guest rooms and public areas including, however, not limited to unplugging toilets, bathtubs & sinks, changing light bulbs, a/c unit, TV, remote controls, windows and furniture
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate stock of plumbing, electrical supplies and parts such as lights, valves, elbows, caps, copper & pvc connections, traps, repair kits, needed in day-to-day maintenance
- Responsible for carrying out a PM program and keeping all plumbing & mechanical systems & related valves and traps in a clean and safe conditions ensure all pipes, joints, connections, valves, traps, clean outs, are not leaking or in bad condition as per the Hotels Preventative Maintenance Program
- Responsible for maintaining all work areas, mechanical and electrical rooms in a clean and safe condition
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
Your team and working environment:
- Certified plumber under the Apprenticeship and Tradesmen Qualification Act or equivalent experience (306A Certification required)
- Five (5) years' experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge and ability to repair the HVAC, mechanical and electrical equipment systems within the hotel
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to carry out mechanical repairs and troubleshooting
- WHMIS & OHSA
- Excellent guest service and be able to communicate in English
About Fairmont Royal York
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ .
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position.