Hotels & Resorts
Purchase and Stores
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Purchasing Manager / Assistant Purchasing Manager
Mercure Miri City Centre, Malaysia
Please note this job is only available to Malaysian citizens due to work visa restrictions.
Reporting to the hotel's FinancialController, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
What you will be doing:
- You will join the pre-opening team and be instrumental in the setup of your department including the implementation of an online purchasing system for the hotel, this position is responsible for the coordination and management of the overall operations of the Purchasing and Storeroom Department to ensure that the hotel has adequate supplies to perform their duties in an efficient manner.
- The purchasing manager works closely with all department heads, especially the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage manager to purchase the highest quality products at the lowest prices.
Mercure Miri City Centre will feature 172 contemporary and stylishly appointed rooms & suites, while locally rooted, the design and decor tells an authentic & inspiring story and will offer a trendy option for cosmopolitan, sophisticated leisure and business travelers alike who come to experience the abundance of natural beauty of Miri.
Ideally located in the centre of Miri city, the hotel will offer 3 uniquely positioned F&B venues, most notably a funky rooftop pool, bar & restaurant venue, art, two dedicated floors of next generation co- working space & meeting options, and state of the art fitness facilities and program.
Miri is infamous for ecotourism and the home of the world's spectacular natural wonders such as UNESCO World Heritage Site caves, national parks & diving reefs. The hotel is nearby the Sarawak- Brunei border, on the legendary island of Borneo and 10 minutes from Miri International Airport. Work Experience
Benefits Whats in it for you?
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience with at least 2 year at a supervisory or assistant manager level
- Diploma education preferred
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Working in a hotel / Food & Beverage industry preferred
- Previous experience with Accor a plus
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- Hotel pre-opening experience would be an advantage
- Excellent and prompt communication skills required
- Sound understanding of supply chain, local suppliers, established network and excellent negotiations skills would be helpful
- Knowledge of HACCP/ food safety system a plus
Why work for Accor?
- Well being and work life balance, 5 day work week, 2 days off per week for all team members at Mercure Miri City Centre
- Fun, supportive and collaborative working environment
- Chance to be part of the pre-opening team, evolved in bringing Miri's newest lifestyle inspired hotel to life in 2022
- Employee benefit card offering discounts and discounted rates in Accor Hotels in over 90 countries around the world
- Develop your talents and skills through learning programs by Academy Accor
- Opportunities to grow within our property, Accor Malaysia network and across the world
- Ability to contribute to the local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement. Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality