Hotels & Resorts
Purchase and Stores
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Purchasing Manager
Safari Court Managed By Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- To organise, develop and operate effectively the purchase department. To strictly follow the procedure of purchasing laid down by the management with the objective of procuring the right merchandise at the right time and at the best available price.
What you will be doing:
- To ensure close liaison and coordination with F & B Department, Housekeeping, Engineering etc. for meeting their needs.
- To study thoroughly the items needed to purchase and to have sufficient knowledge about them and their use.
- To ensure supply of merchandise for various departments keeping in mind the 'lead time' required for procurement.
- To process and keep track of every purchase requisition, purchase order, contract for regular supplies, upkeep and maintenance of these supplies and lists for kitchens for daily perishables and other standing order requirements.
- To sort out the requirements into- top priority (immediate action), urgent (required in less than half the lead time) and normal (within the lead time)
- To ensure conformity to standards and specifications of merchandise as required by the management.
- To ensure that the requisitions from the originating department are routed through proper channels.
- To constantly endeavour to obtain goods at competitive prices without sacrificing the desired quality standards.
- To maintain proper planning and control systems by filing of different purchase orders in serial order- department wise, lead time demarcation for each item and stated delivery time for each item.
- Preparation of contracts and their terms, use of proper signatures and stamp papers as per existing laws, notation of expiry of contract period, and advertising through local papers to invite tenders etc.
- To ensure that store inventories do not exceed desired limits.
- To keep track of capital items ordered and keep track of their timely delivery.
- Ensuring that items ordered have complete billing and delivery instructions and in case of default that, 'penalty' clauses are suitably added to the purchase orders as per the demand of the items.
- Keeping track of the Proforma invoice, dates of cheque submissions and keeping close liaison with accounts department for clearing documents etc. in time.
- To maintain follow- up files
- To keep him up- to- date on the purchase function and the market situation.
- To scan through the purchase requisitions originated by the stores section for regular stores items and other items and select the vendors/ suppliers for the items, and also advise them of the receiving times, place of delivery, packing etc.
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behaviour and genuine hospitality
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objective of this position.
- Maintains a favourable working relationship with all other hotel employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- At all times projects a favourable image of the Hotel to the public.
- To follow departmental policies and procedures
- To follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum one year management experience in Purchasing department
- 3 years experience in hotel purchasing department
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounts/Supply Chain Management preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Able to resolve conflicts guests, supervisor and employee
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Basic computer skills in MS Office, reservation systems, and point of sales systems
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS